Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer

nadger
Rising Star

iPlayer

Had a strange situation yesterday.
Due to faulty recorder ( now replaced with Humax  Smiley ) my wife missed last Saturday's episode of Tudors on BBC2.
Plugged in router downstairs and ran ethernet cable to Grundig Freesat HD box as have done before.
Brought up iPlayer ( Channel 901) on TV and went through menus until I found Tudors which was marked " Not Available". All other programmes were fine.
Had no problem getting programme on laptop so set up my 17" Toshiba so she could watch it.
I'd have thought iPlayer would have been the same either way.

8 REPLIES
Javert
Grafter

Re: iPlayer

"Tudors"/iPod not available via my Humax either.  Only info. I could find (thanks to Google) is:
http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements/tudors_series4_bbciplayer
nadger
Rising Star

Thanks for that link  Smiley
All very strange as TV was connected, via Grundig Freesat box, to router that allowed me to get programme on laptop. Guess it's to do with the software on the Freesat box.
Hopefully now I have Humax Freeview recorder the problem won't happen again as I won't need iPlayer.
As an aside I'm impressed with Humax compared with Thomson recorder I was using. One really nice thing is being rid of Top-Up TV that, even though I don't subscribe, controlled the software and kept throwing adverts at me.
Community Veteran

I've come across programs that I can't watch on my (Humax) Freesat box but can via a PC, without explanation, just not shown as available.
Funny thing is I found one like that the other day (Daily Politics, Wednesday) and managed to get into it by approaching from a different direction "as t'were" in the FreeSat iPlayer menus.
(it was one broadcast earlier the same day, just a couple of hours)
IIRC going in via searches etc didn't show the latest episode, but going in on the channel (BBC2) and working down the time slots it played. Odd.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

You are obviously not on Value - I have just managed to get my ip Profile up to 4000kbps so I tried streaming BBC HD - it maxes out my connection at 4Mbps or 1.8GB per hour  Embarrassed Embarrassed
Thinks - will I have to move to Extra or just ignore it
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
You are obviously not on Value

Oh no, not even on a PN link for iPlayer.  Lips are sealed
(20mbps unthrottled ADSL2+ which I pay my business pays handsomely  Cool )
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I get up earlyish 6:00 and do a few excessive one then but have sailed close to the wind on Value recently, thats why I didnt consider FTTC
nadger
Rising Star

So far I've been safely within Value limits but I may consider temporarily unplugging samknows/ofcom device if I need to make a saving.
You get a far better ADSL2+ speed than me but I can live with my 7.15Mb profile and, albeit cabinet seems to be activated, won't be going FTTC in the immediate future.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

If this is the program of about 6 days ago, get_iplayer can convert the flash stream into a .mp4 file...