Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer and the Royal Wedding

shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

iPlayer and the Royal Wedding

I am not a media buff and so watch no telly.  However, I would have liked to have watched the Royal Wedding but I was abroad and so missed it.
I was thinking of downloading the BBC iPlayer and trying to watch it now that I am back in the UK, but before I waste my time installing the iPlayer and then getting frustrated when I cannot find what I want, does anyone know whether the BBC coverage of the Royal Wedding can still be accessed, as it is more than 7 days old.  If not, are there any other alternatives ?
4 REPLIES
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Re: iPlayer and the Royal Wedding

I can't see it on iPlayer. ITV coverage is still listed on itv player as available for 22 days.
http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/search/default.html?Filter=wedding
I have also noticed highlights being shown on Freeview Channel 301 in the past week.
There are plenty of video clips uploaded to youtube and the like that you just have to search for.
shermans
Rising Star

Thanks for the info.  Most grateful.  I will install the ITV Player and download the ITV version.  Do you know how long you have to watch it using the ITV Player after the programme has been downloaded before it destroys itself ?  Or can you keep it for posterity ?
Thanks again.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

To the best of my knowledge unlike BBC iPlayer ITV only provides video by streaming so there is no special software to install.  I am unaware of any option to download. There are now 20 days to view.
shermans
Rising Star

Thanks for the tip about Youtube.  I discovered through Google that the Royal Hosehold has its own official Youtube site, and the entire ceremony can be viewed - and downloaded using RealPlayer - by going to :
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRoyalChannel?gl
The link to the whole ceremony which is listed as "The Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton - Complete coverage of the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton" is :

The ceremony video is 1.4 Gb and takes a good three hours to watch it all.  It has full sound including all the music, but no commentary; uit is no doubt the BBC filming.
Thought someone might be interested.