cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 plus not suitable for pockets?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

iPhone 6 plus not suitable for pockets?

Apparently they're bending: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/iphone-6-plus-bending-irate-apple-fans-repo...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
53 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: iPhone 6 plus not suitable for pockets?

This is going to become a major issue for Apple - they've sacrificed durability for a thin/aluminium casing.
Community Veteran

Ha ha ha.
Fancy that.  Thin aluminium bending. Who would have thought.
That's a plus point for cheap flexible plastic.
TORPC
Grafter

It seems even apple are cutting corners again, & what has happened to the quality control check(s) again ?Huh
One would think that checking the build for durability / against bending would of been paramount ?Huh
I still think apple have not learned from the iPhone4 days over the aerial incident
Goes to show that they are far more money orientated & not as much customer orientated as they should be
Typical too big for our boots syndrome, who can get away with selling cheap tat @ extortionate prices (where they know their sheeples will follow)
Steve
Pro

To be honest though I have seen some other phones ' not suitable for pockets '  some about the same size as my tablet so far to big for my pocket!!
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

wow, who'd a thought it yet another substandard phone released by crapple, I think I predicted this not so long ago.... Roll eyes
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 47

The number of young people I see with an expensive looking phone half in and half out of a back trouser pocket.
I presume they remove it before sitting down........unless some opportunist thief has removed it for them.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Apple products pfff, we have an aluminium Macbook here that is bent as well...... This wouldn't happen if jobs was still around. I just thought about that one  Lips are sealed
Fixes: 47

They should issue them to MPs as they would blend in well with the bent Parliament. Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

One more thing...
They've broken Touch ID and cellular connectivity on Some 6 and 6+ devices now too and had to pull the 8.0.1 update as a result
http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/24/ios-8-0-1-issues-possible-fix/thttp://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/...
Community Veteran

The explanation is pretty obvious. Apple will tell people "they have been carrying the phone the wrong way" obvious really. #antennagate
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Fixes: 121

...wrong type of pockets Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

More on Apple having to pull the update:
Update pulled
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: Mav
...wrong type of pockets Cheesy

Next the'll invent & patent the iTrousers  (iPants) as some refer them, with the pockets in the right places to avoid bending their cheap tat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Quote from: TORPC
Next the'll invent & patent the iTrousers  (iPants) as some refer them, with the pockets in the right places to avoid bending their cheap over priced tat
Slight correction