Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

iPhone 5

Just seeing how many people with plusnet would like the iphone 5!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 18

Re: iPhone 5

How about an 'I can't afford it' option?
Fixes: 47

If it didn't have the ball and chain called iTunes it might be worth considering.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 105

£600 for a phone without predictive text? no thanks..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

How about an option for - I use a phone for making phone calls and sending texts - why would I spend all that money for something where I can't even change the battery
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

No option for ................'I Live and work in a mobile free zones'......formally known as 'black spots'.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Don't have a mobile phone........I Hate the things, if someone gave me this I would sell it or give it away.
I Developed a phobia about telephones when I was working, every time the thing went off it was either someone with a problem they wanted me to sort or something that had to be done by yesterday irrespective of anything else I considered important.
Yes we have a landline but I never answer it as it's almost always for SWIMBO who can spend hours on it talking about nothing in particular.
Fixes: 125

Over-rated, over-priced and not over here in my house  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

The perfect phone to get if you want to be an unpaid Apple bug tester.
Community Veteran

Quote from: ReedRichards
How about an 'I can't afford it' option?

+1  Wink
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Or an "even if I could afford it I wouldn't want to display a highly desirable (to some) device worth £500+ and invite muggers attention".
I doubt I will have too much risk with my £25 PAYG Nokia that it does all I need it to do.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Will add 'Cant afford it' option look out!  Cheesy
I had to take mine back to get my iphone 5 checked screen probs when typing passwork on app store urrghh!!!  Angry
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran

The main thing that's always put me off iphones, besides the price, is the crippled bluetooth.
Here's one simple case in point. Last year my dear old Mum went for an unexpected night time wander. I couldn't find her, despite an extensive drive around, so I had to call the police.
They were very good and soon quite a number were searching for her. This led to the obvious need for a photo to be passed around. No problem I thought, I have a good clear photo on my phone, I'll just bluetooth it over to the couple of policemen that I was still talking to.
Unfortunately they both had apples which lead to several minutes of frustration but it was eventually emailed to them.
The extra minutes didn't really matter and she was found, a few hours later, close to a house where she lived over forty years ago.
It's just a drawback you don't expect on a modern phone. And yes I now have an "anti wander off" device on my front door.
Fixes: 47

iPhone = iTunes = no way, not on my PC.
I've just bought a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet. I could have bought an iPad 3 but didn't for the same reason (amongst others).
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 125

Strat, that is exactly what SWMBO did in August.
She learnt to hate iTunes.
We had a good look around at other tablets (did suggest Alka-seltzer at one point) but she settled for the Note 10.1 with 32GB.
It's now permanently attached to her Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still