Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Air 1 or 2

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

iPad Air 1 or 2

Thinking of getting an ipad air 2 but looking at the 1 it is virtually the same but the finger print.
I'm getting sick of Android as it keeps freezing and crashing and not user friendly
Any recommendations?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: iPad Air 1 or 2

Go for 2.
Not sure what version of the operating system is on 2 but on one it is 5.4.
iPad 3, 4, 5. Can be updated to the latest version of the operating system which I think is 7.
Why is this important ? Simply because many new and updated  program's require version 6 or 7.
Not sure what version iPad 2 can go up to but you do need to check.
I have an iPad 1 and find it is fairly restricted other than if you just want to do basic stuff.
Personally I prefer an Android tablet.
Community Veteran

iPad Air 2 has more changes than the touch ID.
It's thinner/lighter/faster processor/Gold colour available/better camera
Community Veteran

We have iPads 2 & 3 on IOS 8.0.2!
Geoff,
York.
acr
Rising Star

I think you are getting confused between versions of the iPad and the iPad Air. The iPad Air was launched 12 months ago with the iPad Air 2 having just been announced. Both run the latest operating system (IOSCool and both look very similar except the iPad Air 2 has the fingerprint scanner. I have been a very happy user of the iPad Air for the last 12 months but if I was buyer of a tablet today it would be the iPad Air 2. The fingerprint scanner on my iPhone is very useful and I wish I had it on my iPad. The iPad Air 2 also appears to be a lot more powerful that the iPad Air 1 (particularly the graphics) and has an upgraded camera.
Community Veteran

No confusion here acr!  Wink
Just adding to the iPad post by gleneagles.
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: acr
I think you are getting confused between versions of the iPad and the iPad Air. The iPad Air was launched 12 months ago with the iPad Air 2 having just been announced. Both run the latest operating system (IOSCool and both look very similar except the iPad Air 2 has the fingerprint scanner. I have been a very happy user of the iPad Air for the last 12 months but if I was buyer of a tablet today it would be the iPad Air 2. The fingerprint scanner on my iPhone is very useful and I wish I had it on my iPad. The iPad Air 2 also appears to be a lot more powerful that the iPad Air 1 (particularly the graphics) and has an upgraded camera.
Quite right I missed the addition of the 2.
I wrongly guessed  the question referred to the original IPad rather than the Air.
Thanks for the correction and apologies for any confusion caused by my original answer
Smiley
Community Veteran

Just been playing with daughters iPad Air1 today and can't see much difference to the old iPad 2 or 3!  Huh
Geoff,
York.