cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a bad smell in my brain

thisoldman
Grafter

i have a bad smell in my brain

given the  needs of people in yorkshire, the numbers unemployed, the needs of the yorkshire hospitals etc etc etc,
I still find it strange that Yorkshire forward should give so much money to plusnet to transfer a call centre back home.
So I have asked one of the yorkshire tt s  to do a wee study and dig deeper. I will post results soon.
31 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: i have a bad smell in my brain

Eh??  What?? 
Fixes: 105

so, if and I know not whether it's the case or not, Yorkshire forward gave some incentive to transfer all call centre roles back to sheffield and thus creating jobs in an area of unemployment you see it as a bad thing?
[me=adiewoo]facepalms. [/me]
Will Moderate For Thanks
nadger
Rising Star

As, if I recall correctly, Plusnet inherited South African call centre it's not as if they'd set it up only to eventually return it to Sheffield.
Good for Plusnet on creating more employment in South Yorkshire  Smiley
I feel certain that most customers will applaud the move as people deliberately used to UK number to make sure they spoke to support in Sheffield.
N/A

Anything that brings good jobs to South Yorkshire is fine by me.  Leeds and Manchester have had it all in the past and I am pleased that Plusnet has put Sheffield and Yorkshire on the map.
Remember that our steel coal and cutlery industry have been decimated over the years by cheap imports so new opportunities for employment for our younger folk is brilliant.
Also, it is great to talk to someone who I can understand and they can understand me. 
nadger
Rising Star

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs! Smiley
Fixes: 47

Well...I'll go to our back door  Shocked
Naturally I'm pleased with the extra jobs in Sheffield especially as a couple of friends got jobs there.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Any company that can create jobs for the youth of today In this Country Is a good thing I reckon, And If It so happens that jobs are created from where my favourite ISP comes from ( Sheffield ) Then so be It, More company's In this Country could do well learning from this example made by Plusnet!!
Community Veteran

Good news from any company that expands its work force and gives better service to its customers.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

for something to really smell it has to be old, no use and starting to rot Roll eyes Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Someone talking about me  Embarrassed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

no Jim, its full moon
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: pierre_pierre
for something to really smell it has to be old, no use and starting to rot Roll eyes Roll eyes
Leave my holy socks out of It, Once I have worn them a month I turn them Inside out and use them the following. Tis like NEW.
nadger
Rising Star

Say cheese  Grin
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

"Broadband and phone provider Plusnet has switched all of its customer service operations to its headquarters in Sheffield, creating 250 jobs."
"Regional development agency Yorkshire Forward put £1.8m towards the move." 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-11786845
That works out at £7,200 per job created. That will mean less unemployment money paid out and more tax collected over the next few years. I don't see that as public money wasted.