cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I watch films I pay for the service never used it though

duskhunter

how do I watch films I pay for the service never used it though

This may seem so silly but for three years I have paid unlimited fees to plus net but never actually watched any films and don't know how to.  Now I have a guest staying with me who would like to use the facility she is from Finland so can anyone help in easy steps please?

10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: how do I watch films I pay for the service never used it though

Depends really, to watch them you need a player of some kind. Some TV's have them built in, as do some freeview boxes.
You also need a subscription to the service you are wanting to stream from, like Netflix or Amazon.
Or on a PC you could try installing Kodi and using one of the many movie apps it has.
duskhunter

ok thank you but it sounds as though I don't need unlimited wi fi for this facility?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

No, you don`t necessarily need unlimited wifi ..... but... if you watched lots of films, on a "limited" package, you would possibly find that halfway through a film you were enjoying in the middle of the month, you start racking up extra charges on the "excess" usage.

If you want to watch "older" films... you may find they are available on YOUTUBE... just go to the site. and then put the name of the film in the search box...

(no extra equipment/software needed )....

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

We provide you with an internet connection, this allows you to get online and utilise whatever services you like to watch films.

Unless you have specifically bought a TV service from us (then you'd have a TV box from us too) we do not provide a TV service to you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
duskhunter

I understood that films could be downloaded or watched from the laptop though is this correct or do I take it fromn other replies that I need to pay another fee to someone else for that?

At the moment as I have never downloaded anything I am wondering if it is worth my paying the extra that I currently do or could I go for a cheaper service as I am not fully using the one I currently pay for.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If you have a TV with a spare HDMI socket get an android box with kodi preinstalled.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Alternative options.

1. DVD's can be hired from your local library.

2. Buy a DVD or boxed set on ebay and then sell it again the same way.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Not sure my television can take anymore what with RF, Chromecast, Amazon FireTV Stick and Bluetooth!

Also have a sat input, but that's not been connected since we consigned the decoder to the shed. Mrs Minivanman has drawn the line at having a soundbar as well. What is it with some women? Wink

Mind you, it is looking like an exploded plate of spaghetti behind there at the moment.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
duskhunter

Thank you I actually don't watch films at all but I do get a lot of visitors who would like to never know when I am getting them many from abroad so hiring and the library are not the best options for them as I live out in the sticks too.

duskhunter

You have blinded me with technological terms I have heard of but have no clue as to what they do or if I would ever use them.  My mobile phone I only ever use to phone the aa for emergencies.