thisoldman
Grafter

here are the facts

deleted because of abuse
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Here are the facts

we deal with both of these fellow tts  and it may help you to understand where we are comming from

and just "who" are "we"..... in the above statement? 
are you a political group? ..... If you want to be taken seriously, then may I suggest you "nail your colours to the mast"  (in nautical parlance) so that we, (the under informed) can gain some kind of empathy (or not) for your cause.....
pierre_pierre
Grafter

now come on G
Migrationwatch UK is an independent think tank. It is chaired by Sir Andrew Green, a former Ambassador to Saudi Arabia. We have a distinguished Advisory Council from diverse ethnic and professional backgrounds.
We entirely accept that genuine refugees should be welcomed; nowadays those granted protection comprise only about 3% of net foreign immigration.
We also recognise that many immigrants have made a valuable contribution to our society in terms both of skills and diversity so we are not opposed to immigration that is moderate and managed. At present it is neither.
Our purpose is to monitor developments, conduct research, and provide the public with full and accurate facts placed in their proper context. We also make recommendations for policy.
Since its formation in September 2008 we have provided research for the Cross Party Group on Balanced Migration led by Frank Field MP (Labour) and Nicholas Soames MP (Conservative). Details of the Group and their proposals can be found at www.balancedmigration.org

dick:green Link in quote fixed.
randpwar
Grafter

Nicholas Soames!!  Nicholas Soames!!  Grin Grin  Shocked
Oh please stop for I fear my sides will split; actually no don't, I haven't had such a good laugh for years
I think jelv was about right ‘just a group of grumpy old men who meet up in the pub on a Sunday night with totally overinflated opinions of self-importance’…….overinflated waistline in one instance also
nadger
Rising Star

In line with our new cooperation with the French I've just founded a groupe de réflexion to give serious consideration to matters  Huh
randpwar
Grafter

Peux je me joindre svp?
nadger
Rising Star

Oui, vous êtes le plus bienvenu  Smiley
Community Veteran

OOOOoops...!  (EDIT)  * * * *  From....... "Forum Rules"    * * * *

Forum Language
The official language to be used with all postings on these forums is English

Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Kindly keep in mind that many people of my generation did not go to university or Grammar Schools so did not have the opportunity to learn French so such quotes on this forum are wasted on me. ( and no doubt a few others)
My time was spent doing woodwork & Metal work lessons which I Have found of more benefit to me than speaking some foreign language.
There is much misunderstanding when we all speak the same language so when we speak different languages there must be an ever greater chance of misunderstanding !
randpwar
Grafter

Apologies of course gleneagles, but my post was a light hearted continuation of nadger’s (I believe also light hearted) post combining two threads, the UK/French defence tie up and this thread, where he described his thinktank in French much like people say ‘Faux pas’ instead of ‘mistake’. I asked if I could join and he kindly allowed me to 
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

http://translate.google.com/# - a very handy site indeed
nadger
Rising Star

Community Veteran

Re: here are the facts

Quote from: thisoldman
deleted because of abuse

Oh dear!!  The facts seem to have disappeared Wink
Community Veteran

and that`s a fact .
nadger
Rising Star

This thread is starting to look like an episode from Dragnet - who else remembers Sgt Joe Friday's catch phrase Smiley