cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got meself a ipad

kdoug007
Grafter

got meself a ipad

wow.hasto be my bestbuy  EVER.Also got a key board/leather wallet from that auction site,that attaches  via the usb lead inside.its truly fantastic .And the wi-fi signal was a immediate connection.via my PN Router... SO typing this  from the PN forumn.terrific stuff
8 REPLIES
Fixes: 123

Re: got meself a ipad

Went with SWMBO to buy an iPad last month. I'm against anything Apple but SO was dead keen.
Anyway, after looking at the iPads then the alternatives she settled for the Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB (I had no part in her decision, as if I could, way). It's now a permanent fixture - I'm sure she must have had it somehow physically attached to her at the checkout Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I got an iPad 2 when they first came out. At the time I was working on a fixed contract and the company then said they'd like employ me permanently, so I thought I would treat myself Smiley
I don't use mine much, but it is handy to take on the train and use the internet I must admit. Also quicker than booting the PC if you just want to check stuff.
If you got a 3G version, I'd recommend getting a Three 12Gb/1 year prepaid SIM and using a SIM cutter to make it a Micro SIM. That's what I've been using and much cheaper than taking out a contract just for data.
Got my second one earlier this year for around £54-ish. They're listed on eBay, Amazon and you can buy them from Three's website for £70 I think.
David_W
Rising Star

I've ordered a Kindle Fire HD but am really looking forward to the Microsoft Surface tablet/computer, after watching the demonstration it just looks amazing (especially if you go for the Pro which has a real CPU).  It's got a magnetic bottom where the keyboard can fit which turns it into a mini laptop, pull off the keyboard and it turns into a cover and you can use it as a tablet, it's the best of both worlds and apparently Windows 8 on a tablet is pretty much the best experience you can get.
kdoug007
Grafter

David i had to reply...
 the key  board  i got  was  from  that " EB "   auction site..
 it  was only £15.99    and    its  actually a  leather  wallett and   when open...  holds  the  tablet  
and  has the  key  board.. THE  KEYBOARD  USB  SOCKET  GOES  INTO THE USB ON THE    TABLET.
ITS  100% better  than using  the  tablet/Ipad  key  board..
ALSO the one i  got a  Prestigio is  google  friendly..
ok i had to  create  a  google  email add..( although PN  is  the one i use,
 went to  google  play  school  and  installed  some apps..
WOW..  I switched on  my   tablet  and  there they were!!! Technology
ps!  i  dont understand the    need for a  contract!!!!     when i  use  my  wi-fi  tablet  its linked to the PN  router at home..
 so   any  use on the  tablet  will  come  from my  PN   usage!!!!!!
  so  whats  all this £54+ £70  I HAVNT A  CLUE
MJN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I take it user input on the iPad is somewhat tricky?!  Wink
David_W
Rising Star

That's the surface, the keyboard for it is apparently 3mm thick and when you're not using it, it becomes a cover, it's pretty amazing how they managed to squeeze everything into such a small keyboard.  It's not aftermarket either, it's designed for the device, you just put it to the bottom of the tablet and it sticks there.
It's going to be good for the tablet space too, Windows tablet designers have to compete with the Surface so we're going to see some real innovation, it'll take a lot to beat the Surface.
nadger
Rising Star

@kdoug007 - what David is talking about is mobile broadband to use tablet away from home.
I've bought these, as well, on eBay and good value.
kdoug007
Grafter

HI Mjn,,,
the  keyboard i got is  as  per the  picture.
and  the  tablet  fits  inside it...at the  top  ..
re the  tablet/ipod    assume if i was out and used this ,,
would need a  wi-fi  signal  or  may be a  Dongle!