cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gTLDs

Fixes: 125

gTLDs

It seems the number of gTLDs is increasing regularly with such names as .menu, .construction
I put one of my domains into 123reg's search and the list is huge with the likes of .diamonds, .kitchen, .tattoo and so on. Some of these are upwards of £60+!
I'm wondering what the point is. Surely many addresses are already lengthy and cumbersome without having to add .solutions at the end Undecided
I had thought of getting .sexy but that's £35 pa Cheesy
Would gTLD would you like to have for your own use?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Re: gTLDs

HI Mav
Just on your point about it making addresses lengthy and cumbersome, .solutions would actually shorten the domain name for where I work.  I won't name it, but the domain is currently along the lines of xyz-solutions.co.uk, so we could go for xyz.solutions.
Phil
Thunderclap
Grafter

Cool it's just another way for the not-for-profit likes of ICANN and IANA to milk the market - We get emails every day from domain hosts inviting us to buy .info .london .whatever TLDs for our hosted domains. Sometimes even .NHS.UK - Indeed, with so many longandcumbersomeandnotsoeasytotypeontoatablet TLDs, what's the point of having them - other than enriching the occupants of some non-governmental ivory tower. Maybe PlusNet really should claim .yo for Yorkshire and the world?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Mav
Would gTLD would you like to have for your own use?

Seeing as I'm working on my own webmail, I think the obvious would be .mail
I really have had enough of the bugs with yahoo, the limitations of other services and the lack of abilitys to cross link accounts etc so decided at some point to put my own system online. It's still in a state of flux but it's getting there.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

I agree Yahoo has taken a downhill turn  Angry Sad

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I found yahoo had some basic flaws a long time ago. Just changing the folder name would render filters useless because they would work directly on the foldername instead of a foreign key in the database. Bit pointless really along with many other things..
Anyway I've replied to your PM.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!