Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

`ello `ello `ello

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

`ello `ello `ello

What`s going on `ere then.... ?

Following email received...
********************************************************************************************************************************************

From Lyn.Whitehead@lancashire.pnn.police.uk
To Me
_______________________________________________________________________________________________-_
Whitehead, Lyn  has asked to be notified (on Lyn.Whitehead@lancashire.pnn.police.au ) when you have read this message
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello
Please find attached an invoice that is now due for payment.

Regards

Lyn

Lyn Whitehead (1068Cool
Business Support Department - Headquarters
Email: Lyn.Whitehead@lancashire.pnn.police.uk
********************************************************************************************
This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments, without retaining a copy.
Lancashire Constabulary monitors its emails, and you are advised that any e-mail you send may be subject to monitoring.
This e-mail has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.
********************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************88
End of copy  ......

Strange I should get an invoice from Lancashire police....
Strange it is not "personalised"    just  "Hello"..
Strange that the senders address is DOT UK
Strange that the request for read address for  noticication is  DOT AU
Strange that the closing message "looks" very official from Lancashire Constabulary...
I have sent a copy of it to Lancashire Police via their website. for action by their cyber crime team.....
I have not opened any attachments... BUT.. it could be easily done by some....
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: `ello `ello `ello

Hmmm, DOT uk was released a year or so back. I have one as well as .co.uk to safeguard my website!
However I sure that if you really owed the local plod money they would do more than just email you. Surely they would send a letter via Royal Mail in the first instance!
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Whitehead, Lyn  has asked to be notified... ... Lyn.Whitehead(at)lancashire.pnn.police.au

Looks like Lancs plod also have an Antipodean branch, if you've not misbehaved in Lancashire, have you been 'down under' recently?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Ooooh... impersonating a Police Office. Now that is a crime.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: NedLudd

However I sure that if you really owed the local plod money they would do more than just email you. Surely they would send a letter via Royal Mail in the first instance!
More likely there would be a police helicopter over your house along with several police cars at your front gate, make sure you open the front door quickly otherwise you might need a new door.
Wink
Community Veteran

Ahhhhhhh! That explains it! They don't know where he lives hence the email!  Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

Quote from: AlaricAdair
Ooooh... impersonating a Police Office. Now that is a crime.

Not a uniform approach Wink
Fixes: 125

I've had about 30 or so of these so far today. Each one wants a read receipt which I haven't sent.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still