cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electric blanket info please...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: electric blanket info please...

Avoid the Silentnight cheap ones as they are not full length but three quarter length, so for me being 5ft8 they cover from just below the shoulder too my feet.  That and simply don't perform as well as the more expensive version which on the flip side used to be £25 each but cost in region of £60 when I tried to replace my old one, but now I think it's the £30 version
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Petlew
I dislike heated bedrooms, so much to Mrs P's disgust the central heating radiator is turned off, I do have a thermostatic valve for it, but have never fitted it>

Quote from: shutter
Like you  I don`t like heated rooms to sleep in... the CH is turned down overnight and the control is wireless downstairs.  so if it gets too cold down there, it will come on and warm up the rooms a little, but not excessively.

My heating is on 24/7 using a programmable room thermostat and the temperature of my bedroom go between 15 to 18C, not too hot or too cold for my duvet  
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

I will just have to make sure it covers the bottom end of the bed... cos that is where the problem lies... my body area is usually warm enough, but getting the legs and feet warm enough to drift off to sleep can take some time...  thanks for the tip though.
Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Petlew
I dislike heated bedrooms, so much to Mrs P's disgust the central heating radiator is turned off, I do have a thermostatic valve for it, but have never fitted it>

Brings back childhood memories of having "ice races" with the frost on the inside of the bedroom windows. Breaking pieces loose and having them slide down the window under the heat of a 7 year old's hot breath.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

I did that last night......  Grin
Fixes: 71

Heating off at night and I have a duck down/feather duvet meaning I don't need an electric supplement.
The duvet is the best thing I ever bought, cool in summer and warm in winter.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Community Veteran

I have my wife - she has two giant built in water bottles.
However the heating effect is less than reliable as the duvet is often on / off / on / off / hogged / thrown over me etc etc.
RichAllen
Grafter

Quote from: doris
Well Shutter, looks like you've pulled! I think Rich was offering.... Grin Grin

No I wasn't, contrary to popular opinion I am NOT gay.
Last time I try to help ANYBODY on here, you don't deserve my help because you don't fuckin' appreciate it!  Angry
Dick:red Avoidance of swear filter edited as per forum rule.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Not sure why you have to bother with all these new fangled gadgets we use one of these,
NTIQUE-BED-WARMING-PAN-COPPER-with-WOOD-HANDLE-ORIGINAL-COTTAGE-STYLE-/350960773428?_trksid=p2054897.l4276
sorry something went wrong with the link but you get the idea from the title. Wink
jim:green there you are mod:end
Fixes: 181

I have a much cheaper option...
Simply send SWMBO up to bed first Wink
Works every time  Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: RichAllen
Quote from: doris
Well Shutter, looks like you've pulled! I think Rich was offering.... Grin Grin

No I wasn't, contrary to popular opinion I am NOT gay.
Last time I try to help ANYBODY on here, you don't deserve my help because you don't [Censored]' appreciate it!  Angry
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) Avoidance of swear filter edited as per forum rule.

comments about wheat bags on a request for information/advice  about electric blanket seem a bit obtuse and unhelpful to me. So.... thanks for your (non) helpful reply.
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
Not sure why you have to bother with all these new fangled gadgets we use one of these,
NTIQUE-BED-WARMING-PAN-COPPER-with-WOOD-HANDLE-ORIGINAL-COTTAGE-STYLE-/350960773428?_trksid=p2054897.l4276
sorry something went wrong with the link but you get the idea from the title. Wink

Yeah, love the idea... but don`t have a coal fire to get hot embers from.... and I`m not flashing up the bbq just for that ! ! ! ..

Actually, just got back from Argos with the one I suggested in previous post !.....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Fixes: 181

I've not had an electric blanket since getting my first duvet back in 1979. I have always found it warms up pretty quickly. SWMBO and I have separate double duvets which we wrap around ourselves in the coldest of nights.
When we want to make our own warmth we simply revert to just the one Wink
I remember back in the '70s making the bed with the electric under blanket laid down then a sheet on top of that. I was running my hand over sheet smoothing it out when it felt like I was getting a shock even though the blanket wasn't pugged in at the time and it was cotton sheets. I took out the electric blanket at that point and never used one again.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
Heating off at night and I have a duck down/feather duvet meaning I don't need an electric supplement.
The duvet is the best thing I ever bought, cool in summer and warm in winter.

Ditto, I'm with you there Strat.  If I leave heating on at night I am too hot and can't sleep.  I bought a duck down/feather duvet some years ago and it's fantastic.  I bought a king size which I use on a double bed and that really works well Smiley