cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay shoppping 10 days before xmas

scootie
Grafter

ebay shoppping 10 days before xmas

must of been insane the other night to order a nitro rc truggy off ebay for the boys, sat waiting for sum communication from the seller and think i might go blind if i stare at the unlit dispatch icon any longer.
whats the point of the buy it now option on private listings if it gives no better service at this time of year, even better now its snowing and the item is up in fife  Sad
any one else biting there nails over a ebay crimbo present?
47 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: ebay shoppping 10 days before xmas

Fortunately it's not a present but an item posted first class recorded in Darlington on Monday and purchased from e-bay hasn't come in today's post.
Track & Trace simply says item recieved at post office in Darlington.
Hope your item arrives in time
Steve
Pro

Re Gleneagles, Track and Trace Is useless at the best of times.
nadger
Rising Star

I bought a small item on eBay yesterday afternoon and had email at 10.17 this morning to say it had been dispatched. As it's something I want to take to Yorkshire on 26th Dec it should be ok.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I'm a tad nervous as I've done all my christmas shopping online this year. I've had 2 parcels arrive so far so thats good at least as they're all for the same person so they'll at least have some items to open on the day. If the rest gets delayed then ho-hum but getting into town in december is madness hence the online thing.
Hopefully it will all turn up but if it doesn't at least some of the items will be here (one of the advantages of buying from different people/areas).
Must admit though I do get irritated by sellers who take 3-4 days to actually post an item. Why? - They advertise 1st class and then keep you waiting forever before even sending. Not hard is it to pre-pack the item before its sold and then just stick a label on it.
All the best, I hope you get yours soon too Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

Quote from: okrzynska
Must admit though I do get irritated by sellers who take 3-4 days to actually post an item. Why?
Yes this annoys me too, I have everything In for Christmas, I was on It before the bad weather came upon us, Foreseeing the future? Oh Yeah!!! I don't however go by that little box that says Items been dispatched, Although a good Indicator some people will be rushed of their feet to post things out and simply forgotten to tick that little feature or whatever the case maybe.
Hope you get It soon, I am confident that you will.. Foreseeing the future Is my speciality Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

CAn I have the lotto numbers for Saturday then please Steve Wink They'd be very useful to me  Cool
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Oh yeh, why didnt you forcast the ice?
just got a parcel from Oswaldtwistle, , ordered on 11th, recieved in Essex today 16th.
My stay in is predicted, going in for a Day op on hand 7.45 on 21st, home about 11:00,  hope that the current snaw fall is not bad as I wont be able to drive for over a week (Christmas and New Year forget it) and SWMBO doesnt like bad conditions, its not far to hospital, less than a mile
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Steve
Re Gleneagles, Track and Trace Is useless at the best of times.

Not totally true. If you ask the seller for the tracking number you can at least confirm the item has been recieved by the post office
Steve
Pro

Quote from: okrzynska
CAn I have the lotto numbers for Saturday then please Steve Wink They'd be very useful to me  Cool
Take a look at this time and date of this post and my prediction, It was funnily enough In asbos thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84275.msg695700.html#msg695700
Community Veteran

In today's papers there is a warning that the imminent bad weather could affect deliveries over the next week Sad
Whenever I've use Track and Trace it's always worked well for me Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

News item on radio stated
"The post office has a backlog of over 4 million parcels to be delivered, caused by the recent snow, they hope to clear the back log by Christmas, but possibly cannot guarantee anything arriving before Christmas that is posted after today'
Community Veteran

I saw a report that they are planning Sunday deliveries this weekend.  Cool
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@HP didn't see that one, but it wouldn't surprise me
Community Veteran

There could be some very unhappy children this Christmas Undecided