Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay auctions

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

ebay auctions

so I was looking for a new micro sd card the other day when I came across this item http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301525392511
now the description states UK STOCK
having ordered one (because if its genuine and works that's a fantastic price) I received an emalil from the seller this morning
Hello dear friends
Chinese New Year as well as the next six days coming. China post office will no longer transport goods. Items you buy 15 days to send. Because my post office 15 days vacation. Please understand!
If you have any questions, please contact me. Thank you

and a tracking number that clearly indicates its being dispatched from mainland china ....

should I complain to ebay about the guy using misleading advertising or just sit back and wait to see if it arrives ?>
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
28 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: ebay auctions

I had a "similar" experience.... an item was "located :  Portsmouth"... according to the sales blurb... only a small priced item... with postage about £3.50.... so I tried to contact the seller to see if I could collect it... ( as I am about 5 miles outside Portsmouth)... however, he/she responded in "broken" english that all his/her items MUST be posted according to ebay rules ! ! ! ... so I contacted ebay, but never heard anything.... ( I also did not buy from that person, as my enquiries were before I purchased..... eventually I did see same item with a UK "contact me" address at the bottom ... )

RobPN
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: nanotm
so I was looking for a new micro sd card the other day when I came across this item http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301525392511
now the description states UK STOCK

Not a bad price if the item is genuine and arrives.
But although the header of the item says UK stock, there are also various statement on the eBay page which clearly suggest otherwise.
e.g. 
Postage:  Free  Services from outside UK  |  See details 
Item location:  河南省,镇平县, China

and;
We arrange shipment main by HONG KONG POST (with Tracking Number) to Worldwide. You expect to receive the item within 7-21 Business days.

'Buyer beware' springs to mind ...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It's more than likely a fake too, probably just a cheap 4gb card with fiddled firmware to make it look bigger to a computer but once you reach its true capacity you get a load of Read/Write errors...
If it's coming from china, it's a fake until proven otherwise in my books... Grin
nanotm
Pro

the last few items I bought from china were genuine data cards, possibly stuff that fell off a truck possibly just an outlet price for rejects on the line..
meh if its not what its described as once it arrives I'll just get my money back through the resolution centre
RobPN
Aspiring Pro

... fake too, probably just a cheap 4gb card with fiddled firmware to make it look bigger to a computer but once you reach its true capacity you get a load of Read/Write errors...

I make it a habit to test all newly received Flash Memory devices with H2testW which verifies their capacity, and AIUI it's results are accepted by eBay in the event of a dispute.
nadger
Rising Star

Just bought 32 GB Micro SDHC card for my Linx7 and stuck with UK supplier ( 7 day shop)
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: RobPN
I make it a habit to test all newly received Flash Memory devices with H2testW which verifies their capacity, and AIUI it's results are accepted by eBay in the event of a dispute.

i make sure i plug them into a test pc in case there carrying an unwanted free extra as well as checking the size of the device and its hardare id to make sure it all matches up
Razorback
Grafter

Quote from: RobPN
You expect to receive the item within 7-21 Business days

The extended delivery time is usually the giveaway that the item is being shipped from China and not the UK.
Community Veteran

If I'm looking for an item on ebay I ignore anything that comes from China. Often when you add the cost of the item and postage it works out as dear as buying a UK item.
nanotm
Pro

really?
ive found the majority of stuff I look at from overseas is listed as being free delivery
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Recently I've bought plastic plants for my aquarium and a key to take the back off my watch. Both came direct from China no problem. Would I buy a laptop or memory chip from similar suppliers i don't think so  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

A while back I bought a pair of Water Skies from eBay, they also came from China and were a real quality product. I haven't actually tested them as I've not been able to find a lake with a slope on it, so if any one knows of one...
nanotm
Pro

I trust you meant a ramp as opposed to the other type  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Huh