cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay refund

Fixes: 354

Re: eBay refund

Sent the seller another email this morning letting him know that unless I hear positive news about refunding the remaining £2.50 I will have no alternative but to raise a dispute and report him to Trading Standards. So far still no contact from him
Meanwhile, never having raised a dispute before, I checked out how to do so and it seems well-hidden in this case.  It seems I have to go to Resolution Centre > My Problem is not listed here > Buying > Report a member > Other issues with a member's listing > Select the item > Report item > Listing practices > Other listing practices policy violation > Shipping related charges!
Is this the correct route or is there another (quicker) way?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I just pick a "contact the seller" bit and there is usually a bit that relates to my issue. Then eBay automatically raise the dispute and it generally gets sorted.
Or follow the procedure here :
http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

Thanks Dom but all links seem to lead back to what I previously found.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Well, I went round and round in circles trying to open a dispute. Every time I seemed to be getting somewhere the next link took me back to square one!
I started a chat session and opened the dispute that way. If he hasn't replied and resolved the issue by 26th August then I can have it escalated for immediate resolution by eBay.
They wanted to give him my telephone number but I rejected that idea as I prefer all contact to be through eBay's mailing system. Also, most of the negative feedback has stated that he can be quite abusive - which I drew their attention to.

Community Veteran

I also refused my number when I opened  a dispute not so long ago.
Like you, I'd rather everything went through eBay email and was recorded on their systems rather than a "he said on the phone" type of issue with a claim.

Just received email from eBay that the £2.50 has been refunded. A quick check with PayPal and it's there.
Still no direct contact from the seller. I know what my feedback will be Wink
Anyway, a good result in the end.