cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay issue...

Fixes: 123

eBay issue...

Earlier this afternoon I won an item at auction and made payment in full through PayPal.
PayPal is displaying the message that the transaction has been 'Completed' yet, over 3 hours after I made the payment, eBay is still showing as 'Payment is being processed by PayPal'. From memory I'm sure all previous purchases have been shown as paid within minutes.
II used the online Chat to contact eBay and the following is part of the conversation:
eBay 16:41:19
Thank you for staying connected. Upon checking, I can see that the seller is a new seller on the site. This is the reason why the payment is held on PayPal.
Me 16:42:07
So what happens next? How long till the Payment is shown as Processed in ebay
eBay 16:42:08
Typically the seller will get access to the funds within 21 days, and possibly even sooner:
eBay 16:42:28
•If print shipping labels through eBay or PayPal or use another carrier who provides tracking information and manually enter shipment tracking information on eBay funds will be available three days after the latest estimated delivery date.
•If they mark the item as dispatched but don’t upload tracking information, funds should be available seven days after your latest estimated delivery date.
•If they don’t provide tracking information or mark the item as dispatched, funds will be available in 21 days.
eBay 16:43:00
You can contact your seller about this matter and advise them to post the item to your first and do one of those things.

I don't think that really answered my query. And why would the seller dispatch items before collecting payment? The advised receipt of the item was between 30th Oct and 1st Nov.
Any advice, please?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: eBay issue...

I would send the seller a message, saying you have paid by paypal and quote the paypal transaction number... also quote the time of payment/confirmation and any shipping info so he can send the item... you should also ask for confirmation that he has received the payment, or an acknowledgement from paypal that you have paid...
see what comes from that... ebay may be just "using the system" as they don`t know the answer ... if you get my gist !...

Thanks shutter.
Just got a reply back from the seller saying she can see the payment and my details so all seems well.
eBay is still showing 'Payment Processing' though.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

They might be in "escrow" i.e. held as they are a new seller, if you get the item and it is as described then they will release the funds, if not then you will get a refund.

Thanks.
It seems that I have never bought from a new seller before so never come across this and too long ago since I started to remember Roll eyes

Devonian
Grafter

I don't know if this will help but:
I am self employed, I work as a courier and do bits and bobs from different courier companies.
Sometimes I am paid via Paypal.
Every single time I am paid that way, paypal show the transaction as compete, but with hold the money for 28 days.
They refuse to explain why they do this, and yes I try my best to avoid using them, but some times its unavoidable.
So my suspicion is Paypal has put a hold on the money, so on your behalf you will see the transaction as complete, but the other end will see the transaction as pending.
Community Veteran

You should have some indication of the delivery date, either from the seller, or from the ebay listing..  ( or ask the seller to inform you when the item is despatched, and by what method ) ...
.. if your item has not arrived by then, I would contact the seller again... always best to keep it friendly until it is necessary to get nasty ! ...
Wink
RichAllen
Grafter

This is why I've only ever sold on eBay about 3 times in my life.. OK 2 out of 3 went swimmingly (and as Marvin Lee Aday sang back in the 80s, two out of three ain't bad) but one time I sold a collection of WWE wrestling videos, according to the buyer they got lost in the post, which of course I only have her word for, but being the honest chap I am, I had to refund the £25 she paid me for the videos, it was either that or get bad feedback for something that weren't my fault.

Although the seller emailed me on Wednesday to say she can see the payment and my details and would post the item the next day it is still showing as not posted.
Also, in the original billing the postage was £12 which is clearly showing on the PayPal transaction but now the eBay page is showing the original price I won the item at + £24 p&p!
Can the seller up the postage costs without informing me and collect the extra money or is this a way of trying to force me to cancel the win because I got the item cheaper than what she possibly expected?
Edit: Clicking on the item shows the original listing still with £12 p&p but what is even curiouser is that if I then click on 'View Order Details' it shows a total of £108.44. My winning bid was £42.44 and I paid £54.22 via PayPal. The £108.44 is twice the winning price +£24 - am I being scammed?

Community Veteran

seems like ebay has "double charged" you to PayPal...
Unless....... there was an option box to buy more than one... ( a little box with 1 in it ? ) and this got changed to 2Huh?Huh
Either way. I would open a dispute with Paypal, and Ebay, to point out the errors of their ways,,... and contact the seller via the ebay contact,... ( although you could also "copy" the message via the email address supplied by paypal)... to make sure that you are only paying for what you bid, plus the original P&P...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I've only ever sold twice on ebay and both times i was pretty nervous. Once was a book and the other was something considerably more valuable - bought for £120 and sold for £180 (though I had it for several months before listing it shorlty before chrimbo).
Both transactions went smoothly but the buyer for the second item did attempt something strange with their address. When I looked at it and investigated the postode, the p/code would have sent it elsewhere than the address they had supplied. I sent them a message saying there was a discreprency over the address and please would they send the full address to confirm where they wanted it sent or i would refund them. Needless to say they then sent the full address, i sent it by tracked courier and it was signed for the next day and feedback left the following. If I hadn't been on the ball that would have gone missing and i'd have lost all my money plus the item  Roll eyes
I gotta be honest I'm not keen on selling on ebay to be honest but i have no major problems buying from there except for the bl**dy delivery times. Why can't the postie do same hour eh? Or more to the point, why haven't RM done their R&D and invented the teleporter? Moving stuff is their business isn't it?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
eve73
Dabbler

Either ring ebay help line and explain it to them, I have always found them very helpful, or go to the resolution centre and let ebay sort it out for you.
When you fill in the email form they will send it to the seller and if the seller doesn't answer they will take action.
Hope this helps.

I'll give it another couple of days. I may be worrying over nothing.
I have made screen shots of the original listing with p&p anyway for proof should I need it but I gather eBay archives this for a number of weeks anyway.
Further reading informs me that the seller can't just up postage. Maybe it's all just a glitch and will work out fine. At the moment I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.

Item arrived this morning. Can't check it totally till the HomePlug arrives later in week.
One more question:
I won the auction on 23rd and the seller said she'll post it the next day (estimated delivery 30 Oct to 1st Nov). I contacted her a few days later and she said she'd posted it that day (29th) but eBay listing shows it was posted on 30th.
All my emails were answered quickly often within a few minutes but wasn't happy that it was posted until almost a week after she said she originally would. Once checked and if everything is OK I was still thinking of giving positive feedback but should I mention the delay in posting or just be forgiving as we all can have busy times and even forget?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I always comment on speed of posting, and the quality of packaging, in the eBay feedback comments
Therefore I would mention in the feedback that your item wasn't posted until a week after you had paid for the item.
Remember also that there are the 'STAR' ratings when you leave feedback, and one of those is -
How quickly did the seller dispatch the item ?

So you can express your dissatisfaction by awarding fewer stars.