Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay, Paypal and my Bank.

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

eBay, Paypal and my Bank.

Twice so far this year, after buying goods on eBay, which turned out to be faulty after a short period of time, I have had problems getting refunds.
The items were not expensive, less than £10 each time, but eBay & Paypal used small print to get out of refunding, basically by having a limited time frame in which you can raise a refund / replacement.
A refund was sought because the original supplier refused to refund / replace faulty items.
To cut a long story short, both times I contacted my Bank, as I had paid by Visa, not through a Paypal Account.
This Visa account I use solely for online purchases.
Each time, after being put through to the Visa department, full refund was made by the Bank.
I mentioned Chargeback, but due to the small sums involved, my Bank offered a full refund without going down that route.
I had purchased two items, one was faulty, my Bank refunded the total transaction cost, ie for both items.
The refund was actioned in less than one minute of conversation each time, and appeared credited to my Visa account within a couple of days.
The Bank answered my phone call within two rings, as is normal for them, and I was welcomed by a lovely lady with a delightful Yorkshire accent.
Her real name was Natalie, not like Indian CS where they use any old English name.

And the name of my Bank, if you haven't guessed it already.

First Direct...  Wink
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: eBay, Paypal and my Bank.

Quote from: PlusComUK
First Direct...  Wink

Definitely to be recommended, I've been with them since a few weeks after they started, nearly 24 years ago.
(And I've been "on the inside" for a few days as well, as a supplier which was very interesting, in the days when the night shift was one person on the phone!)
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: eBay, Paypal and my Bank.

Quote from: PlusComUK

I had purchased two items, one was faulty, my Bank refunded the total transaction cost, ie for both items.
The refund was actioned in less than one minute of conversation each time, and appeared credited to my Visa account within a couple of days.
And the name of my Bank, if you haven't guessed it already.

First Direct...  Wink

Yesterday's full refund was actually credited to my account, and appeared as a Credit online, in less than 2 hours last night. !!