cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Down yet again

Community Veteran

eBay Down yet again

Anyone else having problems getting on ebay?

Seems users are suffering a raft of problems here and a few other countries. For me yes I can login (after a fashion), access browser saved links, but I can't get myebay and all that's saved there. This problem only seems to effect some of my accounts not all of them.

What annoys me is like many other internet companies ebay are slow to acknowledge any problems. So many users end up wasting their time looking and wondering if there is something wrong with their connection.

One tip posted is that "All Lists" in the drop down menu still works so you can see your watch list etc. And yes that works for me.

Down Detector ebay

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: eBay Down yet again

Yesterday they had done something to the "Followed Searches" list, where the page formatting had completely changed, searches could only be sorted alphabetically (forward or backward) but not by date etc.  Also some deleted searches from months ago had reappeared, and the whole thing was a mess and difficult to use.  Fortunately it has returned to normal when I checked just now.

Another thing that changed yesterday, was that every "Ended" item on the "Watch List", had an additional line of text saying "Item is out of stock" under the description.  That has also reverted to normal when I just checked that.

Logging on throughout the day seemed OK, but maybe 15 minutes ago it looked like the site was down, but it is back and looks to be working, as I type this.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'd noticed, was perusing ebay for a few things and went to put them in my watch list, nothing happened, tried to look at the My Ebay page, Gateway error, had a look a little while ago, seemed to be working again but with an older revision of the site, refreshed and it was back to what it was...

Guess either thy were having "technical difficulties", or they were just adding "features" (also known as annoyances which slow down the process of using the site) which broke the system...

Community Veteran

I can't quite work out yet whether there's been an update or a temporary reload of old software from a few years back.

Community Veteran

Logged on to eBay arround 07:30 and it looked like the older website and it was working, and without the problems I described in a previous reply.

Just come back to it at 08:30, and it is broken again  Angry

Searches are messed up, contains searches I had deleted more than two years ago, sorting has gone, and the formatting is rather verbose -

Followed Searches.jpg

and the item out of stock thing on ended watched items is back -

Out of stock.jpg

Until now, "Out of stock" meant that an active listing (i.e. not ended) had zero stock but was going to be restocked soon, and therefore you could continue to have it on your "watch" list.  An item for which the auction has ended and the item had been purchased is "Sold", and NOT "Out of stock" !.

Angry

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

All seems well with me..... I used it to send a message to a seller, just after your O.P.  and no problems.... been there again, just now, and signed in and accessed my watch list no problems... layout seems to be the same as its been for the past couple of months... nothing changed...

Your title says "again"... but I have never known it to be "down".. in 8 years of using it

Community Veteran

shutter wrote:

Your title says "again"... but I have never known it to be "down".. in 8 years of using it

The title "ebay down yet again" was to make it different from previous "ebay down" forum titles.

Well it has now returned back to what it was which is a shame in some respects. Like the drop down status menus. What's the point of a drop down menu that only has two titems? Far better the old way which it briefly returned to last night. A simple pair of links - Active & Ended.

It's not just this forum that has "improvements".

Community Veteran

eBay is often 'down' between 07:00 and 08:00 in the UK,  as eBay schedule their site maintenance worldwide to occur at midnight in the USA - when it least inconveniences the Americans, but is bloody annoying when you live elsewhere and US midnight coincides with the very time when you happen to have some spare time to be doing some eBaying.

Crazy2

Community Veteran

That comes from being one of the few countries that doesn't really have its own ebay.