cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dont know why people moan about there BB connections

pierre_pierre
Grafter

dont know why people moan about there BB connections

after a bad hickup, finally got connected today from the edge of the Yorkshire moors, miles from any where

3G  Huawei phone router
the hiccup, well I bought a £10 top up on 2nd June, as was doing a repeat trip to near Gateshead, got there and the had installed WiFi, so didnt use the top up, next trip to Cardigan, they had wireless but used to charge your more than £10 for the week, now Sad Angry its free, again not used, so came her 16th Sept to find that 3G would not accept my ticket, went to a 3 shop today.  Comment, but they only have  3 month usage, and you are just over three months - oh where does it say that, its on the bottom of the ticket sir. its not, just looked at todays and its not on that either.
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
16 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: dont know why people main about there BB connections

Just bought one of these for our daughter as she doesn't have a phone line and an internet connection will prove useful as she's planning to go to Huddersfield Uni as a mature student.
So far so good but it is first week.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: dont know why people moan about there BB connections

that the one I have just stopped using, its OK if the dongle is near  window, When I was near Gateshead we had a 3M USB lead between dongle and PC
gone for this on PAYG as SWMBO has an XP netbook, and I have a W7 Netbook, both in use the the moment
dont know where to look for 3' terms
the other undocument aukwardness, is paying by credit or debit card, you have to register your card and cant use it till 7 days later
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I agree that registering your card is a pain and the speed isn't as fast as a landline but think of it like this: You're in the middle of no where getting faster than dialup speed  Smiley
Just a shame that 3 aren't clear with their terms and conditions.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nadger
Rising Star

Not tried to top up yet but having to register card does seem strange after one has used it, in first place, to buy dongle.
Overall my view was that all I'm risking is £21.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there was nothing on that ticket nor on the one I bought. so just looked at your web site Q&A
Back to Pay As You Go help.
How long are top-ups valid for?
There is no expiry date for top-ups. All Add-ons are valid for 30 days from purchase except where stated e.g Add Internet Daily.
e-mailed then, they have answered to say got it we will reply in about 10 days
nadger
Rising Star

I read that about no expiry date for top-ups.
Be interesting to see what response you get from them.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: pierre_pierre
e-mailed then, they have answered to say got it we will reply in about 10 days

Don't you just hate it when they do that. Can't see any reason why they should take longer than 48-72 hours. Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

There is no expiry date for top-ups.

I think you might find that  relates to phone topups, and even that isn't true because if you don't use the phone for 6 months your account is closed and the sim disconnected.
Community Veteran

From this page:
http://www.three.co.uk/Help_Support/Terms_and_Conditions?content_aid=1214305745699
Ready to Go Kits:
Mobile Broadband (MBB) Ready to go kits inclusive GB allowances within MBB Ready to Go Kits are valid for up to: (I) 3 months (for 3GB kit), (ii) 12 months (for 12GB kit) or (iii) 24 months (for 24GB kit) from the date of activation. Once your MBB Starter Kit GB allowance is reached or expires, an additional Top-up must be purchased and converted a top-up to a Broadband Add-on (add-on valid for 30 days from activation). Add-ons must be activated within 90 days of purchase. Standard out of bundle charges will apply if inclusive allowance is exceeded, more information in Three Price Guide . Compatible with Windows 2000, XP and Vista operating systems and Mac OS (may require additional drivers). Fair use policy, service limitations and terms apply. See three.co.uk

Found on their labyrinth of a website hidden as far down as possible but note that is for 'Ready to Go Kits' - the little box you can buy in the supermarket with the dongle inside.
When it comes to PAYG mobile BB add ons:
Mobile Broadband PAYG Add-ons
Available to Pay As You Go customers who convert a top-up to a Broadband Add-on (add-on valid for 30 days from activation). Device charges apply. Standard out of bundle charges will apply if inclusive allowance is exceeded, more information in Three Price Guide .
PAYG Monthly Add ons available:

1GB - £10
3GB - £15
7GB - £25

I see nothing in there about 90 days.
nadger
Rising Star

Have to say that 3 website is diabolical  Angry
From what I can see top-ups aren't time limited but add-ons last 30 days.
There's no expiry date for top-ups. Add-ons stay active for 30 days from the date you buy them.

Notes:
Recent top-ups may take a few minutes to appear.
Your top-ups/credit get used in the order shown above. 'In queue' means it won't become active until the current Add-on has been used.
Your free allowance is always used first. If you've bought any Add-ons, this allowance is used next, followed by your cash credit. Recent top-ups may take a few minutes to appear.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

As far as I remember (haven't used it for a while) my top up was active for over a year (BB dongle ex contract, it was cheaper to take out the contract at £10/month than it was to buy the dongle when I first got it years ago) I activate the top-up but don't activate an add-on until I need it. This way my top-up will be on my account and only when I want BB then I subtract some money from the top-up to pay for it.
Hope that makes sense  Wink
E..g.
£10 top-up
1 days access 50p
leaves £9.50 on the top-up in my account.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Had a phone call this morning, took about a minute to make my point to them that no one can show me proof that the 90 days limit is a fact, small problem seemed that the call came from India.
She eventually said we dont like upsetting customers so will add it to your account.
It works like this, I applied a £10 1G unit on the 17th sept, that will run out on the 17th Oct or when the 1G is used, then the 1G that I purchased on 6th of June will go on my account and will expire 30 days after that.
I had been out on a walk when I got the phone call, got home and this is my current status
You've still got the following allowance left to use:
Internet allowances (MB) (2)  
Internet allowances (MB) Valid until Remaining
Mobile Broadband Expires 17/10/11 181
Mobile Broadband In queue 1024
Total mobile broadband (mb) 1205

Bit happier, but could have done with just using one £10 and not two, will have to go out on ome more trips away from PN and use it, like my Mothers  96th birthday on Monday
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Hmm so you can't add it as a top-up then "move" it to BB use?
Maybe because I have my "phone" set as an E65?  I use it (the sim) in both,
Community Veteran

Gotta admit I thought you could keep a cash credit indefinitely and then use it when needed. Last time I checked my dongle it still had a whopping 10p on it.