Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dont know why MC is worried about Near Field

pierre_pierre
Grafter

dont know why MC is worried about Near Field

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13422308
More than 99% of Android phones are potentially leaking data that, if stolen, could be used to get the information they store online.
6 REPLIES
gswindale
Grafter

Re: dont know why MC is worried aboyut NF

MC?
NF?
Fixes: 101

midnightcaller / near field?
Will Moderate For Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

true, but it doesnt matter, its the story that counts
Fixes: 101

Re: dont know why MC is worried about NF

why not give it a better title then :-p
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Re: dont know why MC is worried about Near Field

It amazes me how much data we leak all the time. Call me paranoid if you want but the amount of times I see some application that on first appearance seems like a fun thing to have then after you scrape the service just turns into a marketing survey. We all use things like face book, gprs and stuff believing it to be harmless then realise the amount of personal information we give away.
If someone asked me all my favourite movies, books, names of family members , where I live and even know exactly where I have been and how to get hold of me  I would tell them where to go but often all that information is available through sites I use and apps on my phone.
There are people out there compiling as much data as they can about us. Not that I have anything thing to hide but the first thing the police would do if they had to investigate me was check my internet activity and mobile phone records. I remember once when someone drove off the motorway having a kip and caused a rail crash and the police released a statement saying he was up to the early hours on a chat site which probably caused the tiredness  Shocked
If you have an internet connection and a mobile phone you are living with a couple of grass's. Probably why Bin Laden never had either.
In fact me just typing Bin Laden in this post has probably been flagged up by the security services for worth a quick look  Grin
I have a Blackberry by the way which is a bit more secure than most phones IMO. 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: dont know why MC is worried about Near Field

you will soon be on Google
#
Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden dead | Community Site
6 posts - 5 authors - Last post: 3 May
He said bin Laden's wife tried to rush the commandos as they stormed into the room where her husband was. She was shot in the leg, ...
community.plus.net › Forum › Chit Chat › Chit Chat - Cached
Get more discussion results

#
16 posts - 12 authors - Last post: 5 Feb
Bin Laden was accused of being behind a number of atrocities, including the attacks on New York and Washington on 11 September 2001. ...
#
8 posts - 5 authors - Last post: 5 Apr
Was he shot in the firefight by soldiers that may not, at the time, have known that it was Bin Laden in their sights or had they got the ...
#
16 posts - 8 authors - Last post: 3 May
The Obama administration has photographs of Osama bin Laden's dead body and officials are debating what to do with them and whether they ...
#
President Obama wins 2009 Peace Prize | Community Site
16 posts - 11 authors - Last post: 10 Nov 2009
... way to be honest but my original theory still stands that all the time he's president we won't have any trouble from the Bin Laden gang. ...
#
[News Storie] - Two children have been searched by police under ...
16 posts - 7 authors - Last post: 9 Dec 2009
"Police found extremist literature, including a book by Abdullah Azzam, a key mentor of Osama bin Laden, hidden in a baby's cot at the house ...
#
England Jokes | Community Site
12 posts - 9 authors - Last post: 30 Jun 2010
Osama bin Laden has just released a new TV message to prove he is still alive. He said that the England Team performance on Saturday was ...