amir852
Grafter

do you think tiscali is good?

what do you think?
7 REPLIES
beautifulways
Grafter

Re: do you think tiscali is good?

I missed a payment in October/November last year because the bank refused to pay the Direct Debit (think I was about 3 quid short or something) so they cut off my Internet until I phoned them to pay the bill, then they charged me for the next month's bill as well. A couple days after I paid up they finally reconnected me, only to disconnect me automatically the next month, even though I re-entered my bank details, paid the bill and there was nothing wrong on my part...
It took them a few days to reconnect me again, and they gave me a partial refund for the inconvenience of no Internet and having to pay two months at once, which added up to a whole month of free Internet and half of the next month's bill - so that's January and February.
Come January, I was disconnected AGAIN, and by this point I was completely fed up with trying to get any sense out of an Indian reading from a set of instructions - no matter what your problem is, that can't even speak English.
The only good thing about Tiscali is the very short amount of time it took them to give me my Migration Authorisation Code. I was very surprised when I phoned the cancellation line to find a 100% English person on the other end... Maybe they think most people are cancelling because of their so-called "Technical support" call centre in India, who knows?
I sent several emails to Tiscali in the last few months I was with them, some of which they took over a week or two to reply to! The shortest time I had to wait for a reply from an email (which never resolved an issue) was 2-3 days.
Anyway, I moved to Plusnet, using my neighbour's account details (With permission, might I add) to connect in the meantime. On the day of connection my Internet connection was down for no more than a couple hours. That may have been less, but I don't know because I was round my neighbour's house most of the day so I could still get my work done.
The very first email I sent to Plusnet (at around 1am) received a reply at 5am. Yes! 5AM! Tiscali could only dream of response times so low... What's more, I replied to the email immediately after I read it at about 9 that morning to comment on the amazing fast reply..... Within 10 minutes I had a response back from Plusnet thanking me for my feedback  Cheesy
I've never been happier since I left Tiscali, and now I'm trying to convince my neighbour to move too. All I gotta do now is pay BT for those engineers fees nobody told me about, before they cut me off... Not easy when you're only 19, unemployed and only getting 45 quid a week from JSA Angry
amir852
Grafter

thats worse and if you email them they reply back after several years and plusnet they reply within 1-2 hours
techguy
Grafter

Tiscali were still claiming payment from a work colleague's debit card two months after he'd cancelled his phone line and broadband and moved house and tried to speak to them several times so in the end he just got his bank to cancel and reissue the card.
Complete bunch of numbskulls.
Kazbah
Grafter

Is there an opportunity here to tick more than 1 optionHuh
Personally, I think there customer services section is total pants, my 8yo daughter knows more than them lot put together. Your service goes down and they'll never admit its them at fault. Any goodHuh Are you joking, I wouldnt recommend them to a dead dog
Community Veteran

And when you cancel, they still send demands for months afterwards and don't respond to emails or even letters for ages.
They even think they supplied me with a home phone service, but they never did  I think when the took over Pipex domestic business they just totally messed up their databases. - quite extraorinary behaviour.
I beleive their Italian parent company are trying to sell the UK business. ?Huh
Kazbah
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z
And when you cancel, they still send demands for months afterwards and don't respond to emails or even letters for ages.
They even think they supplied me with a home phone service, but they never did  I think when the took over Pipex domestic business they just totally messed up their databases. - quite extraorinary behaviour.
I beleive their Italian parent company are trying to sell the UK business. ?Huh

They better not demand money off me, they'll get jack all. I didn't know they'd taken over Pipex until I looked into re-joining Pipex, had them til i left my ex 2 yrs ago and never had a problem with them, such a waste
Community Veteran

I found Pipex very good for many things, except they wouldn't  upgrade customers to new improved products for ages.