Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do you have nice neighbours!!

kdoug007
Grafter

do you have nice neighbours!!

mine  are  aweful...
 the  one to   my left.. hates
microwaves..  cars..  holidays..  hates  computers...  dislikes  mobiles...
has a  22" tellie... amd  thinks  men are  after  one thing !!!! haaaaaaa
the one to my right....
i  cut her  front grass  for  years .. never a  word like  "Thanks",,,
and when her  fence  fell down i had to plead..  "plz  repair it  10 times!!!
Yuk!!!!!!
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: do you have nice neighbours!!

Neighbours on one side keep themselves to themselves but always return any borrowed tools broken.
Neighbours on the other side are probably the best neighbours in the world - they'd do anything for you.
Neighbours who back on to our garden belong on the Jeremy Kyle show .....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah.... got nice neighbours.... but we all keep our own company....
to my left.... single mother with a 12 yr old daughter, who is cheeky as hell, but great fun.. ( mum is quite nice too)...
to my right is an older couple, who seem to have acquired a couple of very small children recenly ! ! .. used to mow his lawn with a push mower, until I gave him our redundant electric mower...
across the road, a couple of neighbours, on "nodding terms"... have also been useful receiving (and delivering) parcels when we are not in...
so... yes... got nice neighbours......... (I only hope they think I am just as nice !  Roll eyes )
Community Veteran

I have very good neighbours. Been very lucky really.  We all get on well.  Living in detached properties I think it helps to allow us all to have our own privacy but not cut ourselves off from each other.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

We live on a terraced road.... not quite coronation street....
we all have front gardens turned into car parking spaces !...  ( so posh corrie! ! ).... ( not cobbled either) ...  Cheesy
and we do have electric street lighting... just been replaced by the council with "daylight" lamps.  Cool
Steve
Pro

My neighbours are brilliant. Nothing like the Aussie version like but ( Almost ).
David_W
Rising Star

I live in a block of 6 flats/apartments.  Across from me is Cath who works at the co-op and is really nice, above us is a nice enough lady but she has mental health issues, when they were unresolved she tried to burn down the door of number 60, now that her health problems are being dealt with she's as good as gold, across from her is Lyn and Dave who are really nice, they were in Ibiza for my birthday and brought me back a signed CD for a heavy metal band which was nice.  Above them are friends who we've known for years, was just a co-incidence that they moved into the same place as us but are really nice people, good to have a chat with, and across from them is a youngish girl who I don't think really gets on with anyone in the block, I'm sure she's a nice enough person but maybe just not used to being social with such a diverse range of age groups?
Next month I'm off to Wales for my brothers wedding and have no qualms about leaving the key with Cath or Lyn to feed the fish (or Kayleigh at 60), so yeah, a pretty friendly bunch of people who don't have the music up loud at 3am, don't go around slamming doors at 3am etc.  Excluding #60 but she is young!  Maybe it helps that we're in a small town so are used to being friendly with the neighbours.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yeah they're decent enough round here apart from one guy who likes to play his music through the walls on Friday and Saturday nights.. I wouldn't mind but we never get invited round lol though he's quick enough to beg for the use of my tools for his car work  Roll eyes
The rotten apples around here are the kids from up the road. They can't leave anyone alone.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 123

I've mentioned the neighbours on the right before as the ones who frequently pot around the garden naked (him) or sunbath naked (her). I've only spoken to him once but the seems rather aloof. She's really nice and down to earth and we have OU in common. But our paths don't cross that often.
The old lady to the left dies a couple of years ago and we occasionally see her son around. Not too sure what it happening with the property as it seems to rotate on a monthly basis between For Sale, Sold and no sign at all Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

I am blessed with good neighbours both sides.
The old lady at the other side of the hedge at the bottom of my garden I only see at hedge cutting times.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

We're the end detached property of two before the road turns sharp left by my neighbours house. We've just got new neighbours for the fifth time in just over thirteen years. three of the previous occupants have died and one couple seem to have "done a moonlight flit" The other couple did tremendous damage to a rather beautiful giant cherry tree situated between our houses that has taken years to recover, and just decided they didn't like the slightly isolated life-style and moved away to somewhere more social I would guess. He was al-right in his own way, but couldn't get on with his wife at all a definite keep up with the Joneses type and we weren't having any of it.
So we only have one neighbour. They're very nice though. I did point out that their new house seems particularly unlucky in the longevity stakes, but they don't seem that bothered, but have made sure their wills are up to date Wink
Only real problem, they brought their (lovely) cat with them, and our cat is notoriously anti other cats (loves human attention, hates other cats) there was immediate war between them. But there seems to be a stand-off at the moment, so hopefully our cat is learning to tolerate next-doors cat.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
peter10
Grafter

Most of my neighbours are great apart from one opposite who feels it better to park his white van outside my house rather than his own. It's like living with an advertising hoarding for National Grid outside my window in the evenings and at weekends. Only other problem is too may cats as they leave visiting cards in my garden.
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

I live down a little lane ( which delivery drivers sometimes find hard to locate), which has 6 properties on it. Three of the houses are occupied by single women, two by single men, me being one of 'em, and one by a couple.
I'm on speaking terms with all my neighbours, and we all help each other when needed, but personally, you don't find me in and out of the other houses - unless invited.
We back on to a 'normal' road, and I'm on nodding terms with the people over the wall, but have little other contact with them.
All in all, a situation that suits me.
John
kdoug007
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
I am blessed with good neighbours both sides.
The old lady at the other side of the hedge at the bottom of my garden I only see at hedge cutting times.

when ya next  see  her Strat..  ask her i Winkf she  would like one of your  ham sandwiches..
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

My neighbour on the right, had issues since they moved in 2 years ago. Loud music all the time, shouting and swearing from the teenage son, police called out several times to get the music turned down, all we hear OVER the TV is THUMP THUMP THUMP. Right+1 dog barking all day - asbo in progress - been that way for years now getting worse.
Neighbour on left, crabbit old b-------h, I used to do things to help but no more. 20 years ago when we moved in they said they were going to take down the chicken wire fence between our properties - still waiting.