Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

congratulations plusnet

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 8

congratulations plusnet

May I congratulations plusnet of winning best reliable broadband and value for money. Well done to all PN staffs for all their hard work especially Gandalf for sorted my bill out.

Glad to stayed with PN for FTTC.

Screenshot_2020-01-30 Expert Reviews 2020 Awards Name Plusnet as Best UK ISP - ISPreview UK.png

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: congratulations plusnet

@goldenfibre 

Your cheque is in the post. 😃

The man that knows everything knows nothing.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

@goldenfibre 

Customer service  ....Highly commended ? ? ?? ? Huh 

who writes this twaddle  ( check out  Plusnet Feedback board on this forum ) ...

commended for removing the ticket system..? .

billing errors...? .

removing Live Chat..?

next they will be commended for removing the phone system....

relying on a cleft stick or jungle drums to contact Customer  services .. after that,...

.all that is left is for BT to swallow PlusNet wholesale...

Unfortunately PlusNet customer service has deterliorated to the nth degree over the past 10 years... so

here are some threads to read.....   and these are only  recent .....

(There`s 252 pages on that board.. ( some are good news though.... some... )

Caught in a nightmare customer service

Is online chat unavailable? I need to talk to some...

Impossible to contact.

Best way to raise a complaint

don`t believe all you read in the press..... 

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Not a happy bunny then @shutter  😉

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Minivanman  I`m not the only one..... I`m just  " The Voice" !

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

The key to this nonsense is.......the survey was based on 620 people....

What is the total number of PN users ?

So what % of users does that represent....

Go figure...

Highlighted
All Star

Well with a conservative guess of 250K customer with a sample of 620 that's 0.248% in my book!

So if the truth be told there no real value in this award.

Highlighted
Fixes: 1,081

are any awards of value?

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@dvorak 

Not really and like those show awards and gold medals stickers on bottles of wine, they are just self congratulating 'whose turn is it now' prize to be handed out with about as much value as a plastic trophy from Pointless or a ten bob postal order. 

So there you go, they can have this one on me. 🏆

😋

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Minivanman   You can send me a "ten bob postal order" anytime..... 

Probably worth a few quid now... next time "Flog-it" is in town.............. Cheesy

Highlighted
Fixes: 475

When I'm considering buying something expensive I look at the reviews.

I'll look at the top reviews...all good glowing reports and I'll look at the bad reviews at the bottom.

I then make a decision.

What I could do is look only at the bad reviews and not buy anything.

The problem with many things is that far more people take time out to complain than praise.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 81.0 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

PN always used to be the poor relative (in customer service tems) to F9 (my original isp) and Madasafish. At one time F9 ( was always residential and PN business, then they decided PN would be the dominant half of the relationship until they closed it. Ian Wild was brill at cs along with Dave Tomlinson. Then it was the turn of Madasafish, Samara and James were very good on there, James came over to PN as I recall when it was absorbed into the "family". PN has been on a downward cycle unfortunately. The one good thing was the responsiveness on this forum, although it is not really a preferred method of support, and agents open a ticket for you, which beggars the uestion why can we not do it ourselves? I have had better service elsewhere, but have to confess pricing brought me back. I am lucky I guess, as I have not (fingers crossed) had the issues that others on here have, I dread the day when I have to make contact for an issue regarding my service/ billing.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Always the way @Strat and in pretty much the same way it's easier to say no than to say yes.

I do try not to though as with buying some bacon from the butcher this morning I told him the bit of beef we bought from him last week was excellent!  He was well happy to hear that and always nice to brighten someones day eh.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@Strat wrote: When I'm considering buying something expensive I look at the reviews.

I'll look at the top reviews...all good glowing reports and I'll look at the bad reviews at the bottom.

I then make a decision.

I tend to do the same but for example on Amazon, I do look at the percentages giving bad reviews. Once it goes above 10% per couple of thousand good ones, I tend to look for something else.

But regarding PN, although I've gone elsewhere, I couldn't really complain about the service I received from PN. Internet seemed to be always there when wanted. As I haven't used the CS recently, if someone asked if I'd use them again I'd have to say yes. Yes, there are quirks in their system but fortunately I haven't been overly affected by them....yet!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@idonno wrote:

@Strat wrote: When I'm considering buying something expensive I look at the reviews.

I then make a decision.

I tend to do the same but for example on Amazon, I do look at the percentages giving bad reviews. Once it goes above 10% per couple of thousand good ones, I tend to look for something else.

I also tend to read the negative reviews when possible before buying stuff, but you have to make allowances for people who don't know how something works / don't know how to set it up / don't like the colour etc. who give a negative review for no genuine reason other than their own incompetence.