cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collaborative spotify playlist

scootie
Grafter

collaborative spotify playlist

ive set a collabrorative playlist up on spotify for the community to add there  favroite tracks to, just an idea and see how it works out.
Add anything you want from classical to tehcno and all that's inbetween those 2 extremes of musical taste. So dont go into hiding elvis presley and dolly parton fans, i know theres a fair few on here  Smiley
It may turn into a giant mess as theres no way to keep the riff raft out that are not plusnet members, but my reason of setting this up was to see the diffrent musical taste and for people to share those special not well knowen tracks they come across.
Remember your added tracks are anonymous unless you want to claim one of the tracks for finders bragging rights  Cool
ive started with what i think to be jimi hendrix's 2 best tracks
http://open.spotify.com/user/asbodog/playlist/1VwZatN7sGLsA6Fmrn1S6m
61 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Re: collaborative spotify playlist

Can't listen - haven't got spotify I'm afraid  Cry
mentalist3d
Grafter

cool idea, I need to get spotify first tho, but look forward to hearing the mish mash of music tastes from here Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Just tried to add one but your playlist is locked
Fixes: 47

Just popped a Steve Lukather track on there. I just love his guitar sound. Cool
What a great idea. Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 47

I noticed someone has added what has to be the most appropriate track of the day and a beautiful one....Nimrod.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

who me, would I do a thing like that Cool, took me a while to find out how to do it on someone elses playlist
Community Veteran

The Nimrod variation sounds lovely played on an organ too – someone played it as the ‘walking out music’ (I'm really annoyed I can't think what the term is now) at my old secondary school's yearly remembrance service. Beautiful.
Anyway, great idea Asbo, though the only problem is, I haven't a clue how to summarise my musical tastes in just a handful of tracks. Huh I'll have a little think and get back to y'all.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Be3G
...‘walking out music’ (I'm really annoyed I can't think what the term is now)...

Recessional?
Great idea, ASBO. I've always thought that Dylan's is an unusual case in that most of his songs work better when covered by another artist, and your first track is one of the best examples.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

That's the one I was thinking of, thanks 4Candles. Although I suppose that really ‘postlude’ would fit better in this instance.
Anyway, I've had a think and I've come up with 13 tracks to add. Sorry if that swamps the playlist a bit but I couldn't cut it down any further. Sad And even then I've had to be naughty by including only single movements of multi-movement classical works, which means you're only catching a glimpse of the full composition.
A few notes about some of the tracks:

• Something About the Way You Look Tonight: cheesy I know, but I have particular memories attached to the song so it's sentimental (for what it's worth, I actually grew up with music such as this).

• Blue Whale: they've mixed up the names on Spotify, as it should be called ‘The Blue Planet‘ – it's George Fenton's beautiful title track for the BBC's natural history documentary.

• Song for Athene: well known, I believe, for being performed at Princess Diana's funeral.

• Divenire: this is what I'd called ‘accessible contemporary classical‘. Quite well known to those interested in such music, perhaps not so well known otherwise. Very often used on TV though – if you listened very carefully you'll have heard it in the background of some of the pre-recorded films on the BBC's remembrance service last night.

• Symphony No. 6 Mvt. IV: very poignant as it was first performed only days before Tchaikovsky died. If you like this movement, you really owe it to yourself to listen to the rest of the symphony.

• Symphony No. 3 Mvt. I: not many people know this beautiful work by Górecki. I wouldn't say it's an absolute favourite because its deeply brooding so I don't often listen to it, but when I am in the right mood it sounds sublime. Don't be put off by its length and the fact nothing much seems to happen for the first few minutes; keep listening and let it envelope you in sound as it builds up.

• Robots: quirky but fun. Smiley

That's all. If anyone wants to hear more where that came from, so to speak, you can have a look at my personal ‘Top Music’ Spotify playlist, whence all of the above tracks were taken. It contains the rest of the two symphonies, and also it's worth noting I've updated it a bit today for those who've seen it before.
scootie
Grafter

Glad to see the idea taking off.
Dont worry about swamping the list as i belive its unlimited to the amount of tracks you can put on there ( well ive got near 1000 on my private one)
i thought it would be more used as list you can browse through and listen to tracks you wouldnt normaly ect and added them to your own list more than it being a playlist you play directly from on a loop
i find my self when browsing for new tracks that i become very static in the type of artist ect i look for and was hoping this would throw some new ones into my playlist and just looking at the playlist now theres alot i havent even heard of so al have scan through and see if any find there way on to my list
some one on here might remember  the band of horses track, i came across that one when some one posted a youtube vid on trail's bikes
Community Veteran

Yep it's a good idea – when I'm less busy I'll be having a listen to all the tracks by other people too. One never knows where one might find a new piece, artist or even genre that one likes: I was watching an episode of Never Mind the Buzzcocks this time last year (I know nothing about the music they talk about, but it's still amusing for the banter), and in the intros round they played a piece of music that really grabbed me… turns out it was Hoppípolla by Sigur Rós. So listened to the whole of the album that was from on Spotify, realised I liked it, and purchased it on iTunes shortly afterwards – my first forray in to ‘alternative’ music.
Edit: talking about it made me realise I should really add a couple of Alternative tracks to the collaborative playlist too, to reflect that side of my tastes… so I've gone and added Glósóli by Sigur Rós and Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol to the end of my (not-so-) little bunch.
scootie
Grafter

yeah saw you beat me to chasing cars  Grin you will find most of mine are the indie tracks due to me my age being a late 80's early 90's kid, well it was more sister playing the indie as she's 4 years older so thats the sort of music i heard in my teens.
even so the clash track is one of mine. ive got a massive taste in music the seasick steve tracks coming on now are mine to thats how varied my taste is. my sisters going to watch seasick steve  live soon
scootie
Grafter

thanks to who ever just added the chirs rea song. ive bein trying to work out who my ex step dad use to listen to for donkeys and it was chirs rea
Community Veteran

That would be me Smiley
I just carried away and added a lot of old stuff that I like.