Community Veteran

Re: carrier bag legislation

I had it bagged early on Smiley Smiley
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

The Scottish Rules are a model of clarity in comparison
3  WHICH CARRIER BAGS ARE NOT SUBJECT TO THE REQUIREMENT TO CHARGE?
The Regulations specify a number of exemptions where there is no requirement to charge for carrier bags.
Bags of any size used solely to contain exempted items listed in the Regulations:
•  Unpackaged food for human or animal consumption; such as loose fruit and vegetables, bakery items, pick and mix sweets and dry animal food.
•  Unpackaged loose seeds, bulbs, corms or rhizomes, such as grass seeds, daffodil bulbs or root ginger.
•  Any unpackaged axe, knife, knife blade or razor blades; such as a kitchen knife which is mounted on cardboard but not then enclosed in wrapping.
•  Unpackaged goods contaminated by soil; such as soil, compost, potted plants, fishing bait and wormery worms.
•  Certain medicinal products; such as fullfilling prescription requests and pharmacy medication which can only be dispensed by a qualified pharmacist.
Highlighted
Fixes: 413

I was in a Londis this afternoon where there is a sign informing me that carrier bags are 5p each but I wasn't charged for one and my purchase was less than £2.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still