cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can u cope with all the bills..??

kdoug007
Grafter

can u cope with all the bills..??

electricity/gas  bills....  phone  bills/broadband .....  water  bills....  house  insurance..  car  insurance...
petrol  for the  car.... mortgage...  council tax....  tv  license......food...  clothes...holiday  if  you  can afford one
 And  just to add  as good  measure  credit  card  bills....
 Do you manage  ok HuhHuh

12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: can u cope with all the bills..??

We're on a relatively low income compared to the national average. I look after all the finances / cooking / kiddie/ household stuff etc while the wife goes out to work.
We're debt free apart from the mortgage but only though being very careful with spending, we have a takeaway once every couple of months.
I wouldn't say we struggle but I do watch every penny.
Fixes: 121

Quote from: kdoug007
 Do you manage  ok HuhHuh

Like picbits, low income and used to frequently get in a pickle at the end of the month. Since installing Home Accounts I can keep a better eye on where the monies going.
My income is staggered throughout the month so it's not easy to put money away but I have set up standing orders so the rent, gas, electricity, etc is always put into a savings account ready for when the bills arrive and the DD need paying. We haven't been overdrawn for well over a year now and have even got some savings put away for emergencies and Christmas. We don't go out that much but enjoy it when we do.
Yes, I count the pennies - SWMBO spends them when she can Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

As a retired person I manage well enough at the moment....as long as there are no serious hikes in essentials like food, water and energy.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 121

Of all the bills it's the increases in gas and electricity that worry me the most.
Most of the others you can make adjustments or haggle but our house is cold in the winter and costly to heat Sad
Actually managed to get our rent reduced last year by £25 a month. Not sure if we'd be able to wrangle it this year Cry

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Community Veteran

I'm actually owed a few thousand from the family trust fund but at the moment their need is greater than mine although not having had a payout for the past 2-3 years has meant keeping my ageing car for longer than I'd intended as well as not redoing my kitchen which is falling apart.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

It not easy, My income is £20 over what we would get if we were both unemployed.
I go for long term Elec & gas fixed price accounts, the food bill varies as if the larger joints or big packs are on offer then I will buy and either cook and/or split for freezing. I buy a lot in Aldi mostly milk & bread etc, but also where ever is cheapest that week.
I only have one CC bill and it gets paid off every month, I use it buy food and get tesco points, these then get converted into FREE food every 3 months.
I don't use any s/w as I have never found it easy to keep updated, like when SHMBO gets cashback but doesn't tell me.
I just had to buy a new car this month, and am waiting for the IC to cough up for my old one, until they do we are hovering close to the OD. The repairs it needs will we delayed till after this months CC statement is due, so I don't have to pay it next month, and the IC will have hopefully paid by then,
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Retired on a small pension so just ok at present, just lucky the mortgage was paid off by the time I retired.
Most of the shopping is done at Aldi/Primark and the few times a year we go to the Pictures are always on Orange Wednesday (2 for the price of one)
Fortunately both myself & swmbo were brought up in environments where people had very little so we have a high respect for the value of money. Unlike some people who know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.
Devonian
Grafter

I'm self employed so budgeting is quite difficult, due to the irregular way my money comes in.
We get by, but I am 34 and haven't been able to pay into a pension fund yet, fingers crossed it gets better Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I am retiring age but fortunately I am in an in demand profession. I am a Chartered Mechanical Engineer and I work on constructing Power Stations.
So I am getting a largish tax free salary but being away from home and missing the grandkids is a big price to pay.
I am very fortunate to be able to work on my pension by working as an expat but I am angry at the way the British economy has been mismanaged for years. I should be retired and have passed the baton on to the next generation. but the next generation is as far as I am aware unemployed or drawing low incomes.
we have done a disservice to the British workforce, no training for them for high paid UK or expat jobs. I am the last of a privalaged generation and I am still looking after number one  Roll eyes Cool Lips are sealed
PS no problems with bills!
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

I've seen 99p shops, and pound shops, but it seems inflation is rampant in Tenby.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Is that for the Freehold?    Cheesy  Does it include the stock?    What accomodation does it have....?  any off street parking  Huh  ( I know parking in Tenby is diabolical)