cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone identify this caller

pierre_pierre
Grafter

can anyone identify this caller

for the last week I have been pestered by an apparent Indian caller, telling lots of porkies, 10 calls so far.  claims he wants to do a survey for I think Today UK  tried Google but no clue
Most calls come up as International out of area,  but three a 001992420745 ? USA Idaho  0019 but not the rest.  and two other strange numbers 04122 and 04143
I cant bar international as I have a Son and cousin in Aus, a Nephew in Dubai and friends in Colorado and Evien
my log so far
16 jan 17:39 0019
16 jan 18:30 0019
19 jan 12:15 international
19 Jan 12:56 International
19 Jan 13:45 International
19 Jan 13:45 International - I told him to go and urinate himself so he called back
19 Jan 14:24 04143
19 Jan 17:21 International
20 Jan 11:04 Internatinal
20 Jan 11:55 04122
20 Jan 17:57 0019
20 REPLIES
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: can anyone identify this caller

I can't see where you got Idaho from.  Ignoring the first zero would give a Lea Valley Number. http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/search.php?GNG=01992&d=nl
Keep an eye on http://whocallsme.com/.
The number you are asking about isn't there at present but it might turn up.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

When he rings again pick up the phone, don't speak, lay it down on the table and leave him talking to himself - it will be costing him money and you nothing. Hang the phone up after about 5 minutes. He'll get the message.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Zap
Grafter

The next time they call go along with his script (give false name and address etc) as if you are an interested customer, then as he relaxes you can ask him questions like "how does your service compare with X" and "can I pay by direct debit", as you gather more info you can find out more info.
What I tend to do is drag them out so I waste their time and then I say at the end, "oh I am sorry you are on our list of banned organisations".  If you keep them talking but they get no result they get in trouble.
The other thing you can do is say that these decisions are covered by our head office and give them the number of the BBC, the PM's office or OFCOM's number.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: alanf
I can't see where you got Idaho from.  Ignoring the first zero would give a Lea Valley Number. http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/search.php?GNG=01992&d=nl
Keep an eye on http://whocallsme.com/.
The number you are asking about isn't there at present but it might turn up.

the number came of caller display and 001  is the international for USA
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just got another 11:56, this time he said had we got sky TV said no so he hung up
Community Veteran

Not a deal of help but it's classed as a "suspicious number" on http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/001/m
Second line down of the list in black, about a third of the way down the page.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I managed to find what the 04122 number was.  Basildon hospital bless there rotten socks have just had a new  "illegal" phone system installed, it is no longer an 01268 number but is now 0845 and since I am on heritage I have to pay for that, the return calls are that peculiar number, had the third call from them and this time I was in, They didnt even leave a message the last two times
had three more calls today from the International out of area
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: nozzer
Not a deal of help but it's classed as a "suspicious number"

That may just be because several of us have performed searches.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php has information if you search for Basildon Hospital
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

but if you try dialing any one of the old numbers you now get referred back to the 0845 number.
Broomfield Hospital Chelmsford did go to 0845 about two years ago, the wards kept there line on the 01245 Generally the Ward advise people to call that (They also have those very expensive  Tel/Radio/Phone machines at each bed)  They seem to be slowly changing back as recent letters have the 01245 numbers on them
Community Veteran

Sure he is not using Skype?
I've been informed (although am not sure how to do it) you can insert any CLID into the skype call by activating a script and typing any number.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ive been geting calls lately from this phone number on my landline.02135371000. never answered till tonight i just answered the call and stuck the phone on the table,no idea who it was but its becoming ever so regular,it's very annoying and if i could get a hold of the *****rds id wring their *****ng neck's.
Edit just filed a complaint with ofcom against this number
David_W
Rising Star

When/If they call again, ask them "which company are you representing?" which they *should* answer.  Once they answer say "I would like you to remove my number from your database as is my right under the Data Protection Act, failure to do so is a criminal offence which your company (company name) is legally liable for".  If they call back again, go to the Telephone preference service (worth registering anyhow!) and follow the complaints procedure.  You may need to be registered with them first, or you could just follow it and state you asked them to remove it under the DPA and they didn't comply.  The TPS will work with Ofcom to sort it out for you.
I do strongly recommend that people sign up to the TPS, although if you have a favourite charity you want to call you, you'll need to give them explicit permission to phone you up and stuff, but no more calls from TalkTalk or anyone offering me free broadband.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for that dgwebb,i have registered with tps as of last night,i forgot you have to register yearly so im thinking my year was up as seems a while since i last registered with them,also i registered with some silent phone company aswell but they only help stop uk silent calls and not overseas silent calls from call centres there.