cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling for help

Dan
Grafter

calling for help

I'm posting here because I'm in need of your help regarding my next phone.  If you've got any advice then maybe you can comment here: http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/06/20/which-phone-should-i-touch/
(someone's already helped by pointing out my scoring error for screen res. which I'll fix next week)
Cheers,
Dan
34 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: calling for help

Do you need to look at the cost of the contract?
Things that puts me off the iPhone 1) It's O2 only 2) cost of the contract 3) duration of the contract
The money I save having my current contract and my N95 I could by an iPod touch (if I didn't already have an iPod).
Out of those three I'd wait for the Samsung, think Ars had an early review that sounded quite promising.
[Edit] Also do you really use the camera?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Dan
Grafter

You're right about the contract costs but unfortunately at the moment no operator is releasing any details other than o2 for the iphone. 
Dan
Grafter

Quote from: adiewoo
[Edit] Also do you really use the camera?

It's one of those things I don't use all that often but I do use it and my m700's 2 megapixel camera has proved to be a bit too grainy for my liking.at times.  It's livable without though.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I bought my Nokia from Tesco for £29.99    It makes lovely phone calls, and I can text as much as I want to. I even put my own personal ring tone on it.  No contract to pay, and you just go into any shop (almost) an pay for a top-up.  Cheesy 
Surprisingly, It never occurs to me that I may want to
take a photograph
whilst listening to music,
and surfing the web,
and texting (cos its"free")
at the same time as I wanted to make a phone call.....  Undecided  Undecided  Undecided  Roll eyes

Quote from: shutter
and surfing the web,

Where is you dedication Shutter?
I checked these forums, and sadly the cricket score, on my phone today whilst at the nieces school fair and waiting for OH to buy milk in tesco. Mobile interweb can be a real life saviour.
Will Moderate For Thanks
jmd
Grafter

I am the same as Shutter - mine is a basic pay as you go - can phone or text - what else do you want your telephone to do?   Huh
mobile internet may be a lifesaver[? Huh] but there are other things you can do with the time - like spending some money at school fair and assisting the OH with her shopping just for example!
Community Veteran

Dedication?  When I am on the forum, I am dedicated to the forum. When I am driving my car, I am dedicated to driving safely. When I am on the mobile phone (not whilst driving) I am dedicated to saying as much as possible in the shortest possible time, such as " I`m busy now, can you ring me back in five minutes on my mobile". therefore dedicating someone else to spend their money, and save mine !. How much more dedication do you want?  Grin Grin Grin

OK, ok...  slinks off in shame to watch extra time  Embarrassed
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

I'm with you shutter...although I have found the camera useful as a visual memory aid on the odd occasion.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I always have my camera with me in the car, or out and about,  Even though it is only 5 mpx, it has a 10X optical zoom, and not many phones can match that.!  saving hard for the next generation camera with 10 mpx and 18X zoom, so will definitely make my Tesco Nokia last a couple of years at least! !  Cheesy

Here's a photo that I took with my phone today as I forgot to pick up my proper camera on the way out.
It's not too bad for a phone one..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

Not bad at all. I'd be happy with that.
@shutter...I'm happy with my Canon 400D.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Well, I never was any good with them manual focus thingy`s !!.... give me "push-button" zoom and it`s a doddle..... !  Cheesy
Nice pic of Bob the Builder, but I bet the phone couldn`t pick out the people in the back of the pic beside the car to the right of Bob`s head!  Smiley Wink Smiley

Quote from: shutter
..but I bet the phone couldn`t pick out the people in the back of the pic beside the car to the right of Bob`s head!  Smiley Wink Smiley

Nope, but they're not my kids so i don't care  Cheesy
(I have a Nikon D40 for when I want to take pictures of good looking strangers  Wink )
Will Moderate For Thanks