cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bt phone faults number?

scootie
Grafter

bt phone faults number?

whats the number for a bt operator to log noise on a line?
6 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: bt phone faults number?

scootie
Grafter

ive given my mum the 0800 800 151 number, she dosent have a corded phone to test with so i have asked her to check with out the router in and direct to the test socket and she still had noise on the line, she thinks she can try a second dect phone (not perfect but doubt she would have 2 faultty phones). also asked her to try with no phone and just router to see if sync holds or not
do you reckon its safe to risk the 140 charge if she gets the noise on both dect phones in the test socket?
the noise is pretty bad i can hear it and she has no net as i assume its killing the sync
Steve
Pro

No, Get her to test with just a corded phone plugged Into test socket.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

You say you can hear the noise. So, you might be able to prove it as a line fault.
With her DECT in the test socket - you call her. Ask her to remove the plug for a few seconds from the socket, then replace it. As you've made the call, it won't drop out.
If you can still hear the noise during the disconnection, it's a line fault. If you don't hear the noise, it's possible, depending on the fault type, that it disappears in the absence of line current when the DECT is unplugged. In that case it's back to somehow trying a corded phone.
Not young enough to know everything
scootie
Grafter

nice info 4c
Steve
Pro

Yep you can pick up a corded phone for next to nothing for testing purposes.