Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bizarre transport

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

bizarre transport

A friend of mine has started their own "mini bus" hire firm.....  Cheesy
I found a photograph for their brochure, but for some unknown reason,  Huh  they declined to use it..... Roll eyes
  has anyone else got any similar bizarre transport pics?  Cool
30 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: bizarre transport

got more than enough from Portugal  and Italy, like four on a moped. trouble is the Portugal ones are 6x4's, and I have 7 years of Italy to look thru
Community Veteran

Not so much a photo, but I seem to recall learning that in Cairo they have a (mini) bus service... with one caveat: the bus only leaves when it's full. So you could be waiting quite some time (i.e. the best part of a day) after getting on it before it actually departs!
Community Veteran

I have a picture some where from South Africa where there was about 15 guys stood in the back of a pickup, doing 70mph on the motorway.
chino
Grafter

Slightly off topic though that pic from the Philippines by looking at the reg plate and its not that uncommon.
Here a couple i have taken from the PI - not that strange...
The bottom one is a Jeepney which is like a local bus but is really a left over Jeep from the Americans which has been converted as public transport.
Community Veteran

Yes!.... I remember those "jeepney" from a visit our ship did to Olongopo.  I thought they were fabulous. lots of imagination, and the decorations made them individuals too ! Grin
wouldn`t fancy being in the back of a truck (sitting down) at 70mph, let alone with a bunch of "idiots"  Roll eyes
chino
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Yes!.... I remember those "jeepney" from a visit our ship did to Olongopo.  I thought they were fabulous. lots of imagination, and the decorations made them individuals too ! Grin
wouldn`t fancy being in the back of a truck (sitting down) at 70mph, let alone with a bunch of "idiots"  Roll eyes

I have been in a Jeepney at about 40mph on a dirt track with lots of pot holes... i kept on hitting my head, i had to keep saying to myself don't worry only another 2 hours left Smiley
--------------------------------------------
A few more i have link 3 rows of beds on a bus in China, a rural taxi in North East China plus 2 crashes in South Goa, India.
Allways OT
Community Veteran

i had to keep saying to myself don't worry only another 2 hours left
unquote
was that 2hours left of your life ? Huh Roll eyes
Somebody tried to set up a taxi firm in Brighton using the indian version of your taxi  callled a "tuc-tuc".  Not sure if they ever made it work.
chino
Grafter

only 2 hour left to i get off Smiley

OMG http://www.tuktuklimos.com/index.asp
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Somebody tried to set up a taxi firm in Brighton using the indian version of your taxi  callled a "tuc-tuc".  Not sure if they ever made it work.

Sort of, they got a taxi licence, but recently got a heavy fine for not providing the service that they said they would  Huh
Phot of luxury transport on GrossGlockner Pass Austria
pierre_pierre
Grafter

was on a works trip to Lisbon 85 testing new Transits
1 Now what have I done
2 speed cop
3 little and large
pierre_pierre
Grafter
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Fixes: 47

I've been chuckling away at those Tuk Tuk Limos for the past half hour Cheesy
And the icing on the cake is that they are in Brighton of all places Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter