cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

babys

sweet00
Dabbler

babys

there was just a man on bbc news that said if you dont take drugs drink or smoke your baby would be fine in the same bed with 2 adults while asleep
what the funk are they trying to say.  if people think its correct it could be a big killer of little ones
OMG its nothing to do with taking anything its just totaly stupid even if you dont do drugs and stuff
u can suffocate a just born with a pinky finger who the fuck sleeps with one b4 at very least 2 years old
6 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: babys

It's the conflicting advice that is the other problem.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
scootie
Grafter

thats just plain stupid. Its the act of bein a sleep, dead to the world around you thats the problem.
whats subtance abuse got to do with anything in this case.
Fixes: 47

Not being a member of the medical profession I can't comment Wink Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
scootie
Grafter

does it really need a doc to work out people go into diffrent levels of deep sleep with out subtance's playing apart.
from the OP's write up it sounds like as long as theres 2 adults meaning there is more likely hood of one person being in the light phase of sleep and being able to come to and react to a situation its ok
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: ASBO
thats just plain stupid. Its the act of bein a sleep, dead to the world around you thats the problem.
whats subtance abuse got to do with anything in this case.

Drugs and drink tend to lead to very deep disturbed sleep that could cause someone to lie on a baby without realising it; smoking causes smoke exhalation for hours after the last ciggy, that could be inhaled by the baby. However, it's still bad advice if they really are saying it's ok otherwise. As far as I am aware most so-called experts say that it's best to have the baby in a cot, properly positioned, in the same room or next to the parent's bed, but not actually in it.
mentalist3d
Grafter

when  me and my partner had a baby (just reached the terrible twos) we were advised not to let her sleep in our bed with us, and I have to agree, she was so tiny and fragile, that something could have happened to her in her sleep, especially since I am such a heavy sleeper.
Nowadays, she is big enough to share the same bed with us when she's had a bad sleep. Usually she ends up hogging all the bed to herself, with us getting kicked to the edges of the bed.  Shocked