Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are netflix worth it ?

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

are netflix worth it ?

Ive just given notice to cancel my skytv/movies package, was wondering if netflix is worth it or not ? any recomendations ?

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: are netflix worth it ?

not scientific but anecdotal, my son has Amazon Prime which impressed me better than my Netflix I think. I have Netflix for my grandkids aged 11 to 1 years but for adults Amazon Prime! 

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Initially attractive, but they soon get repetitive.

The same applies to Sky and Amazon Prime and all being like a tin of untasted before sweets that soon run out of untried flavours. Trust me as I have been there and one that has had all three - fine of you can get them for free (I'm saying nothing) but pay for them? Not a cat in hell's chance and y'know the worst? those abysmal amateurish box sets they churn out.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
St3
All Star

the main reason ive left sky is im bored with it all and its too expensive for repeated movies.

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Netflix, Amazon and Now TV etc all offer free trials, so I'd suggest you trial them since nobody but you knows whether or not they have any or enough content that appeals to you..

Unlike @Minivanman I genuinely think some of the originals Amazon & Netflix have produced are some of the best TV available right now, which just goes to show how utterly pointless it is asking for others opinions of whether these services are worth it

St3
All Star

not pointless at all because i had not heard of now tv untill now Tongue

I have to be away from sky for 12 months before i can reg as a new customer, i just hope in 12 months time they are doing the same or similar offers as they are doing right now, currently new customers who take out the basic tv package at £20 a month for 12 months get to choose from either FREE 32" LG TV or a FREE Lenovo laptop.

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Minivanman
Hero

I never said they were bad DaveyH, just repetitive. Sure there has been some good viewing - 'Making a Murderer' for just one but let's be honest, how long has that been on there for? I worked for Sky for a little while and was given free access to all their channels and it really was like that tin of sweets I mentioned with being fine at first. 

Video's are strange things in that they rarely tempt you into a second viewing once seen - unlike music where we can enjoy repeats and variations especially with instrumental rather than vocal.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
nadger
Rising Star

I've got Netflix, Amazon & NowTV.

Each has it's good points - fortunately I don't need to economise but Netflix is least used.

There are always bargains to be had with NowTV on eBay.

Minivanman
Hero

Now that's just being greedy! Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've got a Roku 2XS, but it's not plugged in, and I don't know where the remote went for it... Grin

nadger
Rising Star

@twocvbloke The Roku app for both Android and Windoze phones works fine.

@Minivanman Must have some pleasures in my old age - free TV licence funds a couple of services

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

nadger wrote:

@twocvbloke The Roku app for both Android and Windoze phones works fine.

Only trouble is, the last time I used the Roku, the available content for it sucked more than my Tristar CXL (and I'm not paying money to sky for the nowTV service)... Sad

Minivanman
Hero

"The Roku app for both Android and Windoze phones works fine"

Any time traveller from the 70's will not have a clue what you're talking about, even I'm struggling! Smiley