Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any one got a silent power saw?

pierre_pierre
Grafter

any one got a silent power saw?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-11211538
A dispute has broken out in a Plymouth street over the height of trees surrounding a property.
David Alvand, of Weston Mill, has planted about 16 leyland cypress trees on three sides of his house which stand about 35ft (10.6m) tall.
Residents in the street have complained to Plymouth City Council.
12 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: any one got a silent power saw?

I would not want those next door to me myself!!
The chap who lives there must have the lights on all the time as it must make the house very dark.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

i saw that earlier and other than a quick excursion with a chain saw I am at a loss to understand why a few holes and potassium chlorate or a bit of bark ringing hasn't happened.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well his next door neighbour has a legal right to remove all the branches on his side or the fence line, as log as he dumps the bits back on the neigbours garden
Community Veteran

is there not an edict that these plants may not be allowed to grow beyond 2 meters tall?  there was a problem with this particular method of ensuring privacy some years ago with neighbours at loggerheads with each other.  i read that the law was changed to limit the height of leylandia.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I think that was in relation to boundary hedges not individual trees
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have a little problem as well, might be interfering with my satalight soon, tree officer not interested
magnetism2772
Grafter

that is some hedge
jmd
Grafter

Looks like you live in a forrest Pierre!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Holy macaroni, That's a bit OTT that.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

next road to me, an old boy, now deceased had two huge trees, wouldnt let them near my house, Silver birch and Eucalyptus both about 50 ft
The new owner had them well topped out and I got a few branch off cuts for my wood turning, about 6 to 9 inch diameter (From over roof height)
The neighbour between me and the trees had the branches cut of the Ash last year, dont think the Laylandi have been touched, the one on the right was a christmas tree that the kids planted, now about 30 ft and has been topped, behind the Xmas tree is an even larger Oak, that is also regularly topped
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Would you have a bird nesting In them Trees? Perhaps that's why they have been left like that? I doubt It though Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Street view of Eucalyptus, -at end of road, No street view of my road, tried Sat and earth, does not show the trees well
Birds plenty  Sparrow, Common pidgeon, black birds, blue great  coal think long tailedtit, collard dove wren goldfinch starling robin and visiting sparrow hawk