cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another website to ditch desktop friendliness :(

Community Veteran

another website to ditch desktop friendliness :(

Important information about The National Lottery website
Our new website launches late on Monday 1st September 2014. This will have a fresh new look, designed for the best website experience whether you are using it on a smartphone, tablet or desktop computer.

Sad
probably big fonts, dumbed down, lots of white space and maybe some big pretty pictures.  Probably inefficient to use with a mouse.
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: another website to ditch desktop friendliness :(

apart from checking to see how your numbers got missed... will it really matter?  I mean.. it`s not a website that you go searching about or redirected to find info on , like "The train line".. for tickets and train times... One page should be sufficient for all the info on the lootery site.  Cheesy
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Shutter same here i just visit to check results occasionally
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Fixes: 125

+ another 1

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I do the health Lottery now Smiley Smiley
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

The health lotto is pants! I just stick to the normal one Wink
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran

That's your opinion. Like a lot of other people I switched when the National Lottery increased their game to £2. Since joining the Health Lottery I have had more wins than I had on the NL Smiley
Community Veteran

I switched to premium bonds.
I've had more wins than I ever did with the lottery and I still have my original cash.

Why is everyone else winning on the Premium Bonds?  Cry Cry

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

So far I quite like the new National Lottery website.
Certainly easier to see and check results.

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I find it disturbing, I liked the fact I could independatly check the results to find out if I had won, this new backwards way of doing things is a poor cousin to the site its replaced, the layout of the tickets and the fact it no longer denotes direct debit or random purchase in the listing is annoying,
the fact it copies the exact same 8 draw ticket under every draw's date listing is also very annoying now instead of 1 instance I have 8 instances of the same ticket and no idea if its the one I looked at already or not, even worse they don't tell you how many draws the relevant ticket was purchased for ......
badly implimented ill thought out and clearly designed around flogging extra tickets (because the buy a new ticket button appears on every page at least 4 times) absolutely horrible on a pc and pointlessly annoying on a mobile ..... most likely created by a team of scam artists from a formerly of a north African nation ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

I only just noticed that paypal's site has also gone over to the overly simplistic phone friendly look..
Thankfully it's only the transaction overview page with all the rest staying the same.
Community Veteran

yeah but some paypal pages are broken now suggesting they will also be changed, e.g. the exchange currency page shows the exchange rate as (null)
I really dont understand why web developers like to force change instead of allowing choice or only updating for mobile devices whilst leaving the pc desktop alone.  Yes the mobile market may be growing but the desktop still has huge relevance.  Web dev's are treating the desktop as if its dead when it isnt.
and yes I agree, the old site was way better. This new site is like its designed for infant school kids.

EE have recently (two days ago, I think) updated their website and now even less works than before Roll eyes
So many "Oops, something's gone wrong messages" Angry

Community Veteran

Paypal now have a link bottom left "Classic Site".
Unfortunately it's just the summery page which disappears again at the drop of a hat.
I hope eventually to be able to log straight into the so called classic malarkey and for it to stay that way.
Surely on a relatively simple site like theirs and can't be impossible to have completely separate mobile and pc pages?