cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all hell..........update

thisoldman
Grafter

all hell..........update

Being unable to attend a meeting due to weather, an acquaintance has updated me  but, ( caveat......i have no hard eveidence so far to the details)

The weather killed the planned  major strikes and protests. There has been several internal disagreements with L.M and his colleagues in Unite, Most of these have now been resolved.
The students protest  went ahead and the practice /problems of "kettling" have been now resolved,so future strikes will be able to circumvent current restrictions.
B.W. of the road haulage Asc and C.H. of of the trans pressure group, in view of the rising costs of fuel have agreed a new fuel protest strategy.
Other Unions are now ready and waiting for a break in the weather for logistical reasons..
EDT report that over 31000 people have now d/l floodbot and a new revized uk version will soon be fully operational, instigated by a group called Ftd ( which i think stands for freedom to download , but im not sure as this is way above my head), which objected strongly to the ACS business.
The first or second week in Feb has been suggested by some unions as the time to take action.
The first week in Feb 2011 might see some real action.
52 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: all hell..........update

I for one am getting sick of this sort of depressing news - especially in the run up to Christmas.
If you want something more uplifting to read which is story illustrating what Christmas is really about read this: How Family History Uncovered a Far-Reaching Secret
Extracts from the book it refers to can be read here
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: jelv
I for one am getting sick of this sort of depressing news - especially in the run up to Christmas.
Make that two of us - reminds me of Senna the Soothsayer from Up Pompeii  Cry
Fixes: 104

Titter ye not!
Will Moderate For Thanks
N/A

I too am fed up of depressing news.  In fact most of the time I don't read it.  Best thing to do IMO is to take one day at a time and just concentrate on making this day a half-way decent one.
          Yesterday is History
          Tomorrow is a Mystery
          Today is a Gift

Community Veteran

Count me in there Poppy Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Gotta admit I'm not keen on bad news either but it is important that we are all aware of whats going on. Our country is deterioriating.. what are we going to do about it? Ignore it? Perhaps do the british thing and turn a blind eye?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
randpwar
Grafter

I will not make any further posts in this thread because I know that if I voice an opinion that the OP doesn’t like, disagrees with his opinion, questions the validity or source of the ‘privileged knowledge’ or that doesn’t offer his opinion the level of gravitas that he thinks should be afforded to it, that he will request the mod’s to lock the thread and they will do so, thus stifling any sort of debate; Russia or China at their most repressive springs to mind. I know this because precisely that happened with his previous thread on the same subject
I’ve been listening to Mumford and Sons lately......................’How fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes, I struggle to find any truth in your lies’
Community Veteran

Always good for a laugh though randpwar Grin
Fixes: 104

grab your torches and pitch forks! man the barricades!
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

In general people have much less to whinge about now than at any other time in our history, imagine returning from the last world war having seen a number of your mates killed or injured and returning to a country on ration books, damaged buildings & no welfare benefits (or not as we know them today). People in those days had to put up with much and whilst some strikes took place it is nothing like the hooligans of today smashing up buildings and urinating on war memorials. Note that one of these protesters was the Son of Pink Floyd so what was he doing causing damage as he is not short of money ?
In the end the general population will get sick of these fools along with the other government fools who allow them to do it, so there may well be a change in the end, not a swing to the Left as most people think but a swing to the right causing a crackdown on all this hooliganism. In my opinion that would be no bad thing.
Community Veteran

Credit to David Gilmour of Pink Floyd for coming out strongly against the behaviour of his son.  The student is from Cambridge University and I hope they look into throwing him out of his college.
Community Veteran

Doubt he had much choice, no reasonable parent could justify his behaviour.
No chance Cambridge will throw him out, as far as they are concerned what he does off the premises is nothing to do with them.
Community Veteran

As a result of one of the previous marches a student was thrown out of university.  I hope action will be taken in this case as well.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I wonder how many of those causing trouble were actually students Lips are sealed