cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agricultural fertilizer pellets

scootie
Grafter

agricultural fertilizer pellets

Just taken me dogs for walk on the same field i have done for years to find this year the owner has spread pellets.
its only a smallish field which i belive belongs to the golf course next door but it has all ways been left to grow weeds an grass and would get the hay harvested each year.
trying to find out what they most likely to be? as i have sulcta trortoise which has all ways had its helping to the mass variety of weeds and grasses that grow on this field. it needs it as its the 3rd largest tortoise specie in the world. and the levels of calcium and phosphate ect have to be at the right levels or you get a tortoise with pyramid shells ect
from the 5 mins google i have done it seems there most likely a phosphate pellet but if a PN member with agricultural knowledge could tell me what sort of pellets and the levels in them will most likely be  from the inforamtion given about the type of land use ect t that would be tip top.
thanks
2 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: agricultural fertilizer pellets

The purpose of World Turtle Day, May 23, sponsored yearly since 2000 by American Tortoise Rescue, is to bring attention to, and increase knowledge of and respect for, turtles and tortoises, and encourage human action to help them survive and thrive.
Turtle Day is celebrated worldwide in a variety of ways, from dressing up as turtles to saving turtles caught on highways, to research activities.

you might have to consult the farmer, cause your totoise doesnt like herbicides or pesticides, both of which are likely  Angry
scootie
Grafter

Re: agricultural fertilizer pellets

i would go to the golf  club centre and ask if they knew what it was but thats not possable as the owner and club members did'nt take kindly to my lab retriever doing what a retriever does best last year and i got in to abit of heated argument with the owner
well looks like my dogs are in luck as i will have to walk them further now to get to some land that is'nt touched by man