cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a simple q plz

thisoldman
Grafter

a simple q plz

i have asked the bbc numerous times and got no where so perhaps the ever so knowledgable ppl in here might have an answer
I like to watch channel 301 freeview on a sat afternoon  football scores but it is not subtitles until it changes to bb1 at 4 .30
Has any one any idea why ch301 has no subtitles if so you are better than these nags at bbc
thanks in advance
13 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Re: a simple q plz

Has any one any idea why ch301 has no subtitles if so you are better than these nags at bbc

Channel 301 is actually one of the interactive BBC channels that can be accessed via the 'red' button from a normal BBC channel. It could be due to this that they don't have subtitles?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Because it's a BBC "Red Button" service that also appears as a separate channel if requested. As a red button service it can, on some decoders, be displayed at the same time as the channel from which it was requested, so if you are using subtitles on the originating channel most decoders would get confused about what subtitles to display. So best not to display any, until of course, it reverts to Beeb1 at 4.30pm. which is the originating channel, so no conflict.
thisoldman
Grafter

txs chris and noz

but under sec 26 of the dda its discrimination according to the EHRC
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Why on Earth would you want subtitles for something which is in text form anyway??  Don't the final scores appear as text tables?Huh
Community Veteran

I've always assumed that the lack of services on red button channels was due to the bandwidth.  They already piggy-back on another channel, so adding subtitles, or other data-hungry additions like teletext, would not be possible (there's only so much data that you can squeeze into one radio band)
As for the Disability Discrimination Act, the BBC would be expected to make al reasonable adjustments.  If it's simply not technologically possible to do it, then what can they do?
John
nadger
Rising Star

Dda is a molecular motor, specifically a helicase that moves in the 5' end to 3' direction along a nucleic acid phosphodiester backbone, separating two annealed nucleic acid strands, using the free energy released by the hydrolysis of adenosine triphosphate
That explains it  Crazy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

wrong again
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Delhi-mosque-demolition-DDA-told-to-reclaim-land-but-a...
NEW DELHI: The Delhi High Court on Monday asked the  DDA, which recently razed an illegal mosque on its land sparking protests, to construct a boundary wall to repossess the plot and allow 10 members of the community to offer prayer for two months there to facilitate a solution.
"DDA will complete the construction of boundary wall (at the site where illegal mosque was demolished) and leave a gate of 2.5 feet to allow 10 persons of the community, whose names would be furnished to DDA and police, to offer 'namaz' for a period of two months...," Justice G S Sistani said.
nadger
Rising Star

I must object to your post on the grounds that it contains bad language - see Chief Minister of Dehli  Roll eyes
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I object to this thread altogether, I mean the title says " a simple q plz " Not only Is that language only suitable via a mobile phone but It Is not asking for an answer so why post In here at all Crazy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Well you know the British, they always stand in line unlike those foreign lots who jump and barge to the counter, they don't form queues
nadger
Rising Star

I like Kew Gardens - it's a great day out  Cool
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Thats not Simple or spelt with a Q
Gonna watch Carol Klein Gardening at 8:30
nadger
Rising Star