cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a Grave thought

pierre_pierre
Grafter

a Grave thought

Top scientists agree that with the present rate of consumption, the earth's supply of gravity will be exhausted before the 24th century. As man struggles to discover cheaper alternatives, we need your help. Please...
CONSERVE GRAVITY
Follow these simple suggestions:
(1) Walk with a light step. Carry helium balloons if possible.
(2) Use tape, magnets, or glue instead of paperweights.
(3) Give up skiing and skydiving for more horizontal sports like curling.
(4) Avoid showers .. take baths instead.
(5) Don't hang all your clothes in the closet ... Keep them in one big pile.
(6) Stop flipping pancakes
Top scientists agree that with the present rate of consumption, the earth's supply of gravity will be exhausted before the 24th century. As man struggles to discover cheaper alternatives, we need your help.
Please...
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: a Grave thought

I disagree with the supposition behind this post
While no gravity might have undesirable side effects a 10% reduction would solve a lot of problems such as the fact that my feet ache after a long walk and it much easier than losing about 1 1/2 stones in weight
So I say - don't conserve gravity it's bad for you.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

I suppose a bungee jump is out of the question?
Not young enough to know everything
Fixes: 47

You'll get more for your money when doing the weekly shop.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Sorry Jim you are not allowed to disagree, a top scientist fell off a cliff when he saw it
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Strat
You'll get more for your money when doing the weekly shop.

No the scales automatically recalibrate themselves, put a tub on say the Post Office scales with in less than 5 minutes thay will automatically recalibrate themselves to "0"
Lurker
Grafter

@Midnight Caller - You don't understand gravity do you?
Fixes: 47

It's the mass versus weight thing. Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: James_G
@Midnight Caller - You don't understand gravity do you?

Yes I do, my egzampul was a expansion of gravity, it works the same as decrease in gravity, wen you decrease gravity the mass gets lighter, or to put it a nother way you get lighter.
SRD
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Top scientists agree that with the present rate of consumption, the earth's supply of gravity will be exhausted before the 24th century. As man struggles to discover cheaper alternatives, we need your help. Please...
CONSERVE GRAVITY
Follow these simple suggestions:
(1) Walk with a light step. Carry helium balloons if possible.
Surely this will create an even greater drain on gravity as it fights to overcome the pull of the helium.
(2) Use tape, magnets, or glue instead of paperweights.
But have you taken into account the drain on gravity of manufacturing such items?
(3) Give up skiing and skydiving for more horizontal sports like curling.
I understood that research has shown that falling actually contributes to gravity, especially when done without the use of such anti-gravity devices as parachutes, skis etc. and that the use of such weighty objects as curling stones actually drains gravity as it fights to keep them attached to the earth, or ice, as the case may be.
(4) Avoid showers .. take baths instead.
This would seem to be sensible although there may be a problem with the extra drain (no pun intended) involved in releasing the contents of the bath as opposed to the more gentle draining involved with a shower, I believe that Dripp's inverse square law is involved in the calculations.
(5) Don't hang all your clothes in the closet ... Keep them in one big pile.
Now that is excellent advice, although one does have to consider the drain on gravity as it attempts to drag out the creases.
(6) Stop flipping pancakes
Now this is truly the subject of argument, it may well be that the amount of gravity trapped on the top of the pancake, and subsequently released by the flipping action, more than compensates for the extra gravity loss involved by the actual action of tossing, in fact tossing may well be considered a beneficial action gravity-wise.
Top scientists agree that with the present rate of consumption, the earth's supply of gravity will be exhausted before the 24th century. As man struggles to discover cheaper alternatives, we need your help.
Please...
Whilst I appreciate your concern on these matters I think you will find that an increase/decrease of gravity has occurred on a regular basis throughout the history of the world and that society's contribution to the loss of gravity has been much exaggerated.