cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zapp!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Zapp!!

Been out all day, no access to a radio, TV or other news gathering medium, expecting civilisation/world/universe to end at 08:30 this morning when the super huge zapper was switched on, but nothing happened...or did it? have we actually been phantasmagorified into another existence in the blink of an eye, and found,...its similar to the one we left behind, I think that's a real swizz...Stop the world I wanna go back!!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
8 REPLIES
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Zapp!!

What is the super huge zapper?  Huh
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

The Large Hadron Collider at CERN, near Geneva.
Apparently some people thought that the mini black holes that will possibly be created would suck the planet in! Or maybe Petlew is right, and it's happened and we're now in a parallel world remarkably similar to the first one.  Wink
If anything does happen, it won't be for a while yet, as today was just the switch-on, with only one beam going round the 27(?) km circuit, with nothing to collide with.
Not young enough to know everything
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Coo I thought it was thing I use on the Zitts on the end of my Nasal Organ
Community Veteran

They haven't collided the proton beams yet which will be the time to contemplate life as we know it. This may result in a black hole and us being sucked into a parrallel universe.
However it won't be too bad as the plusnet customer services people already live there quite happily writing replies to our customer support tickets.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

For those who like to read the "techi" stuff, they have their own web site Cheesy
http://www.lhc.ac.uk/
Alternatively, check out the BBC news (and others) sites
Was listening to Radio 4 at 0830 when the switch on started, and the whole thing seems to be run by a Welshman !...Well Done Wales. Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Welsh count down  5436251 go, oh did it work cor yes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: 4Candles

Or maybe Petlew is right, and it's happened and we're now in a parallel world remarkably similar to the first one.   Wink

Or maybe there's always been a parallel world, Y'know, we all from time to time, get that uncanny feeling, we've been somewhere, met someone before. Well just maybe...there's food for thought!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

perhaps that Welshman was going through the space continuum into the parallel universe and we didnt all pass through at the same time. Undecided Embarrassed Huh