cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your past will catch up with you

Fixes: 125

Your past will catch up with you

Grandfather, 78, thrown in jail after going to river he was banned from for salmon poaching 43 YEARS...
A 78-year-old who was banned from a river in his days as a notorious salmon poacher wanted to take his grandchildren on fishing trips.
But when Stanley Murray headed down to Aberdeen's River Don he was thrown straight into jail - 43 years after the ban was imposed.
Backing Mr Murray, Richard Baker, Labour MSP for the North East, said: ‘A jail term isn’t appropriate.’
But Mr Paton stood by the court ban, describing the situation with Mr Murray as a ‘serious annoyance’.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Your past will catch up with you

43 years?  Shocked
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I suspect that the Mail's version of the story may lack some detail.
From The Sun
"I was expecting to set out my case. He said I breached the interdict, which I did, I can't deny it. He said that if I gave him my word that I was not going to carry on with this, that he would maybe think about not sending me to prison. I said I wasn't going to stop, so he sentenced me to three months."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3830799/OAP-jailed-after-poaching-43-years-ago.html
So it wasn't poaching that got him jailed it was contempt of court.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I also suspect this isn't the first story in the Mail that lacked some details.
Not uncommon for the Mail to tell you one week that a particular food or drink is good for you and a few weeks later tell you the same is bad for you.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Weirdly I've found the sun seems to be more accurate with its stories lately. There was a time when I wouldn't give them the time of day but now I find that much of their stuff actually has some purpose to it.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!