cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your odds of winning Euromillion

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Your odds of winning Euromillion

All of us dream of the 1 gig dedicated internet optical fibre link to the house when we win the Euromillion Lottery.
Here's a way of visualising the odds of that happening: http://bit.ly/lek9aV
The sad thing is I actually weighed the peas!
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Your odds of winning Euromillion

Wonder what the odds are of nobody spotting his misspell of dart!!
But what would you do with it if you won it?
Should point out that my personal odds are even greater than the peas since, I don't enter Euromillions.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
geoffp0
Grafter

Well I am at a total loss, after winning the Euromillions last night, I don't know how to invest the £10-50 that I won, will probably but 3 pints and a packet of crisps Grin
Fixes: 121

Quote from: Petlew
But what would you do with it if you won it?

I would go to the bank, ask for it in 20s and then set about counting it. Then get a big matress...
dick:green Quote tag fixed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Thanks petlew - your observation skills earned me a Pint from the blog site owner.
By the way for those who desperately need to know this type of thing.... £1 Million in 20 pound notes would weigh about 53 Kgs. So if you win the £80 million on Friday make sure you take a lorry to collect it (just over 4 tons). Either that or demand payment in gold (2672 kilograms or 205 standard delivery gold bars).
This knowledge is a sad by-product of research for my books.
Alaric
Community Veteran

On behalf of a company I used to work for, I was tasked to ‘aquire’ a piece of land for an oil installation. It was owned by a local goat farmer. In the country concerned there was no such thing as a ‘compulsory purchase’, the farmer and the ‘state’ had to agree a price between them.
The scene was set with a goat feast (on the land), the farmer turned up in his ageing Toyota pickup, the state was represented by a group of land cruisers, a couple of helicopters, a low loader with a fork lift truck and large armed security wagon.
After the food the dickering began, surveyors staked out the area concerned, we all agreed on the area.
The forklift truck ‘lifted the first pallet from the armed security wagon, it contained a cubic meter of bank notes wrapped in polythene, the pallet was placed on the ageing pickup, I wandered over to the pallet, the banknotes were the equivalent (in local currency) to a £20 note, I pointed to the pallet, the farmer shook his head “no not enough”. This action of loading a pallet full of banknotes was repeated 3 more times, until one of the springs of the ageing pickup ‘broke’. At this point the farmer agreed, (the price had been met).
The cash was transferred back to the security wagon and placed in the account of the farmer.
Time passed, the oil installation was constructed we began hiring security guards, who should turn up but the goat farmer (in a brand new Land Cruiser), wanted a job as a security guard as he understood the land and wanted something ‘to do’. He was given the job.
A few more months passed, I was on a visit going through the security gate when I was approached by the farmer/security guard, quite happy and content in his new role, he recognised me from the original meeting.
He had a question “The grass was growing between certain elements of the oil installation, would he be allowed to ‘graze his goats on the grass”.
I’m still puzzled/amazed/staggered/ dumbstruck by the whole episode.
I never did get around to calculating how much 4 pallets of £20 note were worth, I’d guess it’s more than the Euromillion jackpot.
Quote from: Mav
Then get a big matress...

Didn't look that comfortable Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Oh dear, you asked for it ... 0.45 * 0.24 * 0.67 Metres = £1 Million in 20s
In the book my hero robs a drug baron's 'bank' vault which has 12" thich reinforced concrete walls, pressure alarmed floor and 24 hour armed guards. In needed to know if a person could lift £1 million.
Disclaimer: No claims on me if I got that size wrong!