cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your favourite computer feature

N/A

Your favourite computer feature

As I was sitting here happily messing about on my computer and listening to James Darren on Spotify it occurred to me that this little app has to be the best feature that I have used in many years of computing.
As soon as I hear something that I want to listen to again, I make a note and add it to my playlist so I am getting a lovely collection and don't even have to worry if the 'puter crashes 'cos it is all stored elsewhere.
Wondered what other folk consider as their favourite computer feature?
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Your favourite computer feature

My computer has lots of "favourite" features........................ its a laptop........ !
that makes it very portable,................. so I s`pose that is the feature.................. portability.
Community Veteran

That's a rather good question poppy – I'll have to have a think and get back to you later. Huh
randpwar
Grafter

Probably setting myself up for a battering by the Mac brigade but I like the fact that my photo’s, music and videos are easily accessed using Vista
N/A

That's a good point shutter. I too use laptops now and really appreciate the portability - also not having to spend ages fiddling with the wiring and connections (not forgetting poisitioning things properly) before getting the computer up and running.
Community Veteran

My favourite feature is the off button - gives me hours of peace and quiet  Cheesy
Fixes: 47

I suppose for me it's the network card which connects the computer to the rest of the world.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 104

Quote from: Peter
My favourite feature is the off button - gives me hours of peace and quiet  Cheesy

I'll go for the on button, gives me hours of entertainment Tongue
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Using the SO's old keyboard after they lent it to a reli that destroyed it, I'd have to say a decent working keyboard. This one is awful although it serves me right I smashed mine to bits in a rage one night.... although damn it made me feel better. I can see why people do boxing and stuff now. Thumping the hell out of something when everything has gone wrong doesn't half make you feel better sometimes.
Apart from the keyboard... a working hard drive (all mine including the ones i got brand new have been iffy), WindowsXP (for stability and customisation) and probably my USB2 hub which I'd been wanting for the last 4 years. The SO finally got me one for my B/day - I been so skint for so long I'd lost hope - it was only £4 Sad
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
scootie
Grafter

Its got to be the wireless mice and keyboard for me.
Couldnt have a entertaiment PC hooked up to the main tv with out the wireless mice, but on the downside wireless mice tend to go missing in this house like the old remote for some reason , plus the dam battries allways run out when you least need them to  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Hauppauge Digital TV card.  Grin
Watching BBC1 program about Fleetwood Mac as I type this.  Cool
Waldo
Grafter

Virtual desktops ('Spaces' in MacOS X speak); first thing I miss whenever I have to use a Windows box. There was a MS powertoy for XP which gave  four virtual desktops but I was never allowed to install it at work  Sad
SparckZero
Grafter

One of my computer cases used to have a little compartment / toolbox in the front that you could pop-out and remove - it was just about big enough to store spare screws, miniature screwdrivers, various adaptors etc - extremely handy as the tower spent a lot of time on the move!
Software wise, I'd have to go with iPlayer and other similar TV catchup services - completely changed how I watch TV.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

My favourite computer feature is my Text Reader, what is called Help Read you can find all about it on my Archive and Download a copy of it for Free.
The Help Read web site has seest.
It will run on Windows: 3.1, 95, 98, Me, XP, Vista
I use Help Read on Windos XP & Vista daye in daye out in classic mode!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Apart from the network card, I'd go for multiple screens, the ability to have different applications in different screens and maximise/minimise to a 'screen'. Takes away the need to resize windows to see different applications at the same time.