cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Personality Test

thisoldman
Grafter

Your Personality Test

There are mant so called personality test on ther market, ranging from the cattell 16pf to the mmpi (minnesota mutiphasic personality inventory)

Over many years I have found the following to be the simplest and quickest.

I appreciate thsi is difficult to do in a forum so what i will do is explain what id like you to do and on Friday i will post the analysis and you can work out the results for yourself.

Take a blank sheet of paper and draw a picture.    Your picture has to contain only 4 things, drawn any way you like.
1 a river 2 a house 3 a mountain 4 the sun

once you have drawn the picture illpost the analysis on friday and you can thren tell me how accurate the test was for you
7 REPLIES
community
Grafter

Re: Your Personality Test

...............and the result will be that IF you have done this then you are definitely egocentric. Smiley
thisoldman
Grafter

Good morning. I said id post an interpretation for those people who have done the "personality" drawing.

Firstly a warning. As I am unable to see your drawing as a whole, some of the following comments may not be entorely accurate  but on the whole you should find this analysis usefull. Please tell me if you do not.

You were asked to draw 4 items in your picture . A house ,sun,riverand mountain.

Let us begin with the house. Has your house got doors windows entrance path chimney etc etc. The more detail you have included in your house indicates how important a home is to you. If you simply drew a house minus windows door path etc etc then this  suggests that you are not really  interested in  a domesticated home life.
The sun: does your sun have lines sticking out the sides. These are referred to as feelers and indicate that you are an extroverted person, keen to meet other people and  make friends. If you simply drtew a circle, this might suggest an introverted personality.There is al;so the possibility that you are totally content and do not need anyone, but that is rare.
the mountain: represents your aspirations and ambitions in life. Is your mountain very tall/does it dwafr the overall picture? If so then you are clearly a very ambitious person.
Is your house at the bottom of the mountain.If so then you are clearly not worried about rocks/landslides etc and this indicates that you feel very secure as a person. If your house is at the top of ther mopuntain then you may be expressing signs of insecurity and a desire to get away from the rate race by making yourself remote/aloof.
the river represents your emotional life. If you just drew a river without any wriggles in it then you may appear to be  unemotional and content,
If your rive rhas loads of wrigles in it,this tends to suggest that you can be a very emotional person. Neither is good or bad i must add.

So there you go: A final caveat: The overall appearance of the picture can also suggest a few other things.
Does the river flow near the house, is the house on top or bottom of mountain,is the sun hidden behind house or mountain etc etc.
Im sure you can worl out the ramnifications of these for yourself.

Lastly I must stress there is no perfect picture. The house, sun, river etc are merely symbolic manifestations of your subconscious mind at the time when you drew the picture.
People change and there is no such thing as a fixed personality.    Hope you enjoyed the exercise.
community
Grafter

Hope you enjoyed the exercise..
Not at all thanks...... didn't take it up.....just another load of twaddle..... Crazy
N/A

Well, I didn't take it up either as haven't got a pen and paper to hand. However, on the subject of personality tests I might be (as community suggests) - egocentric 'cos I have certainly had a dabble in the past - most notably http://www.similarminds.com/personality_tests.html.
Have to be in the mood though.
On the whole, used cautiously I don't see the harm in them and it is no bad thing to understand what makes you tick as it is all helpful in the business of managing things in one's daily life.
community
Grafter

Hi Poppy.
Do you REALLY think that it helps you " understand what makes you tick as it is all helpful in the business of managing things in one's daily life." !
The only person to know how you tick is yourself, everyone of us is different and only we know about ourselves.
As far as being harmless is concerned, yes perhaps you are right......I would rather say pointless.
N/A

Yes, I do mean exactly that. After all, this is largely the point of counseling - helping you to understand yourself and to find it within you to deal with issues in your life.
I think that I am entirely the wrong person to pronounce a judgement on personality tests as I am not a psychologist, although I would hazard a guess that they are still used in a professional capacity,
In this case, probably they are not 'pointless'.
community
Grafter

OK Poppy
let's just say we beg to differ  Smiley