Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Your Freedom What A Joke

Hi All
From the site  Your Freedom
[quote="Your freedom is as false as nick clegg"]
by johnbajwood on July 12, 2010 at 08:06PM
I went along with this site because I thought the lies and deceat of blair and co. might be at an end, what a hope. I see this evening on the video leader that out of 150,000 people participating, those voting for the repeal of the smoking ban equate to 8 out of ten, but nick clegg has decided that this call for justice will be ignoored. Well mr clegg you can stick this site and your government where the sun dosen't shine you should be ashamed to know you are as big a lier as blair and you have achieved it in record time.
If you wish contact me directly you have my e-mail address
just incase you feel ashamed enough to want to answer hahahahaheheheha...
just tell the british people why a few of them getting together to enjoy together completely legal and socially acceptable behaviour and activities is illegal under your government
for those of you reading this before it is taken off, know what a waste of time this site is, and know that the new government are following the labour party in their lying and disshonest ways, what a pity, and yet expected.

I see on the video, voting for the Death penalty nick clegg has decided that this call for justice will be ignored as well as the smoking ban.  Angry
I do not want the smoking ban lifted, but I do want the Death penalty reinstated.
7 REPLIES
Lurker
Grafter

Re: Your Freedom What A Joke

I wonder what the quote says if it is translated into English?
James
Grafter

Does that mean I can smoke whilst playing pool again? Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Midnight
but I do want the Death penalty reinstated.

If over the last 50 years there had never been a single example of someone being convicted for a murder they did not commit I might have some sympathy for your views. The risk of the state murdering someone for no reason is just too high a risk to take.
Gary, If someone was convicted having consistently denied the offence would you personally be prepared to throw the switch or whatever to murder a person who might actually be innocent.
The last thing is that if the death penalty came back in I can guarantee that more people guilty of murder would not be convicted because juries would not be prepared to condemn someone to death. If I were on a jury and I had the tiniest shadow of doubt I would say not guilty rather than be responsible for promoting state murder.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Denzil
Grafter

These surveys are almost always skewed in favour of the minority. If you did a proper unbiased randomised survey I'm sure the majority would be in favour of the smoking ban. A couple of years ago there was petition on the number10 website to class broccoli as a toxic substance, and I think a fair number of people signed it. Should they have listened to that one?
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: jelv
If over the last 50 years there had never been a single example of someone being convicted for a murder they did not commit I might have some sympathy for your views. The risk of the state murdering someone for no reason is just too high a risk to take.

That is why they keep them on Death Row for years.
Gary, If someone was convicted having consistently denied the offence would you personally be prepared to throw the switch or whatever to murder a person who might actually be innocent.

If only if all of the evidence had been proven 100% and all the appeals were unsuccessful, then yes I would throw the switch.
But evidence was only 70% or 99.99 then no way would I throw the switch.
The last thing is that if the death penalty came back in I can guarantee that more people guilty of murder would not be convicted because juries would not be prepared to condemn someone to death. If I were on a jury and I had the tiniest shadow of doubt I would say not guilty rather than be responsible for promoting state murder.

If thay do have a shadow of doubt thay should not go for the Death Penalty.
Community Veteran

you're thinking the usa gary, where they torture people without touching them.  conviction for murder in this country meant you had three weeks to contemplate your fate before you went to the drop.
no people can call themselves civilised if they are willing to resort to murder to chastise murderers. 
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: jelv
If I were on a jury and I had the tiniest shadow of doubt I would say not guilty rather than be responsible for promoting state murder.

Actually, you are meant to say " I had the tiniest shadow of doubt I would say not guilty" - regardless of how medieval the punishment might be.