cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youf of today...

csogilvie
Grafter

Youf of today...

Is it just me, or are the Youth of today VERY loud?
33 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Youf of today...

i bet (select number between 20 and 50) years ago someone was saying that about you ...
Fixes: 47

In what way Colin?
Although I'll probably agree with your answer whatever it is Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
csogilvie
Grafter

The fact that a theatre sound system was being drowned out by a group of youths elsewhere...

I'm sure it's something in the breakfast cereals.....
mentalist3d
Grafter

I also don't understand why they choose to play different songs on their mobiles all at the same time, creating an even worse, tinny screech of sound, that vaguely can be referred to or recognised as music
Community Veteran

I know. One day I'd love to blast something out of my mobile that the youths wouldn't really expect just to get my own back - say, a bit of Dvořák 9 - but I'm not really sure how popular that'd be at all...
mentalist3d
Grafter

ha ha, that made me smile, I thought Dvořák 9, was going to be some obscure avante-garde band, googled it, and recognised the music instantly

Don't know what the youths would think of that though, probably get you a mouthful on the street, or tell you its not as a good as DJ Whatshisname who invented music Smiley
Community Veteran

That's the boring bit though. Wink The opening of the symphony's fourth movement, for example, was once described by one of my music teachers as being a bit like Jaws.
The_10th
Grafter

It's you Colin  Wink
Like the Hovis tune btw. Played that "...when I were a lad..." on the good 'ol Violin and sounded far softer and easier on the ear than the tube on youtube.
Youths near me aren't noisy although they might loiter with(out) intent.
The difference nowadays (apart from falling public standards, chavism etc) is the prevalence of music everywhere. No longer is it ok to listen to music on a hifi - remember those fangled thingymabobs (amplifiers, CD/Turntable, speakers) but instead people have to have a mobile phone that the primary aim it seems is to have music, video, MMS and perhaps too the ability to talk  Roll eyes Then there is the MP3 player known as the IPOD but who wants Apples really... Blame shows such as X-Factor etc which fuel the chavinistic approach to musical refinement and waste of air time!
<turns rant switch to off>  Smiley
And to think I came here to find out what people thought about the US of A considering forcing ISPs not to throttle traffic - i.e. truely Unlimited  Grin
Euge
Grafter

I'm quite loud on the phone at work Smiley and I represent the youth of today still (at 25).
Also I like my music played fairly loud because I'm into rock music and the like, which benefits from a decent volume in order to enjoy it to it's fullest originally intended level. So if it can go up to eleven then use it.
James
Grafter

Yes - But there's a difference between using headphones to listen to loud music and just antisocially playing it loud through the speakers on your mobile phone.
Which seriously hacks me off.

But do you use your headphones on the tram into work so the person next to you listens to the high frequency hissing and can't make out what you are listening to. Wink Smiley
Still Summer's nearly over and the windows will be closing on the PA equipped Puntos and Saxos Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

aint not got no trams down er M8, Essex or Sufferungfolk
James
Grafter

Have to use the peasant wagon these days Dick.
No trams round here sadly.  Although to be fair, the clientèle on the buses actually appears to be a little more respectful of the people around them.  At the times I have to use it anyway.