Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube - No titles ? ? ??

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

YouTube - No titles ? ? ??

What has happened to the titles of films, and music videos on You Tube ?  

They seem to have disappeared a couple of weeks ago... is this some new idea of You Tube.. or have I miss set something in the settings?

6 REPLIES 6
idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: YouTube - No titles ? ? ??

Youtube, what more is there to ad? I had it come up strange a couple of weeks ago @shutter but it seems to have returned to sort of normal again. Titles etc all there.Even the icons have gone back to normal.

But I'm rapidly going off Youtube, especially watching via the TV. I mean when you're listening and watching a video and have already had to watch two boring short ads at the beginning - half way through the song in comes another ad! The enjoyment factor - registers one big fat zilch! I suppose that's why I tend to watch it on my PC - no ads. 😁 I could always stream it via the PC but I just can't be bothered to set it up if I'm honest.

Maybe you need to go back into the settings but whether its the browser you're using or what, I think they be twiddling! Well, that's my theory anyway.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
shutter
Community Veteran

@idonno      

Using Firefox ... up to date as usual....

Hmm... Interesting.... whilst waiting for your reply...thought I would try OPERA ... and the titles are there !

So. seems it must be something to do with Firefox... or something I have inadvertantly messed with , without knowing what !

I have been all through the "settings" etc on the side pane, and on other menu`s... but cannot find anything that suggests turn on/off video titles !...

I cannot understand who would want to do that anyway...  ! .. I thought it may have been something they had been messing with something else that had affected the titles in some way as a "side effect"... but you say you had some weird effects a couple of weeks ago and everything is back to normal now...

not for me... here are a couple of pages ...as an example.. ( both artistes are who I watch regularly) ..

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnmLiN3M5V89zI7juyFogl5czMU0GI403

ha-ash no titles.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfwjsjBcDoU

helene fischer no titles.png

Can you check them out on yours, for me, please, and see if you get titles on the  individual video on the small windows....

Thanks.

twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Looking at the screenshots, the titles are there (tilting my laptop screen about reveals the slight hint of their presence), they're just in a light-coloured font for some reason, one way to get them back would be to enable the "Dark Theme", and for that, click on the "G" in the purple circle up in the top right, scroll down to where it says "Dark Theme", click on it & switch it on and see what that does for the titles...

shutter
Community Veteran

@twocvbloke   Hmm.... I tried that...and the background all went black  ( not bad ) .. and the titles did, indeed, turn up .. in white.... SO... I cancelled that.. and then investigated my "Stylish" addon for the page.. and somehow it showed a Youtube Dark theme activated for the page.. disabled it and the titles re-appeared as normal... . But I don`t know where that came from..I only have to "themes" running ( normally )   a "Black Google by Panos" for the google search page(s) and a special theme written by me and mook for Plusnet pages that turns the background a kind of turquoise blue to remove the glare of all the white space.

So.. thanks for the hint... you can claim a "this fixed it " >>>  Cheesy

twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I forgot there are add-on theme-packs out there for browsers, they can be problematic when they conflict with website themes...

shutter
Community Veteran

@twocvbloke  Yeah... well, I did not even think about that... cos I never added that one for Youtube... ( as far as I can remember) ... ! .. Must have been click-happy when getting the Black Google by Panos  ! ! ..

Thanks anyway... all is now peace and tranquility again ! Wink