cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You think Pn is bad well read this shambles

thisoldman
Grafter

You think Pn is bad well read this shambles

Four weeks ago after using the grill on my 5  month old electric cooker, as i went to switch it off , all the knobs and fascia were so hot, I could not touch them so I had to switch off at the mains.
The following morning I foned the company , which i shall not name as legal action is about to commence.
Customer services answered and i explained the problem They said our service appointments team  is unavailable, so if you let us have your email we will contact you.
2" days later came an email saying the cust service lady had still not been able to contact the diary appointment team.
2 days later came another email saying she would make another attempt to contact them in two days time as she was not in the office until then.
3 days later came another email saying the matter was now in hand and she was sending me a spare part, which i had never asked for, not knowing what the fault was.
The next morning  fed express delievered a smallpacket to the house next door. It contained no paperwork/instructions and todate has defied everyone who has seen it.
3 days later after more anglo saxon emails, a service man called at the wrong house and as the occupants were out he left a card. They phoned the company and suugested he had called at the wrong house.
2 days later despite being told not to call before 12 am the service man returned at 10.30 am and left a note.
The next day despite my having telephoned them he returned at 11 .30 am and left another note.
On contacting the company they said the magic Pn word we are so so sorry.We shall send him back to you on  monday.
On monday last he, according to the neighbours, he arrived at their house and they told him i was out .  He almost spat at them.
The next morning a different serviceman called at the wrong house and the occupants were out.
Today the company will have received a small claims court order for around 500£. Perhaps that will shake them up.
oh by the way i am hungry lol
9 REPLIES
thisoldman
Grafter

Re: You think Pn is bad well read this shambles

Wink  its such a shame Pn dont fix cookers as id love to have  had a prompt  efficient vists from jamesh or matt or even adam, who might have played a tune whilst he fixed the cooker. Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The victim here just needs a better lever to attract his supplier's attention!
I used to work in a City of London Financial firm who had 9000 exchange lines installed. We had a resilient configuration in case of an exchange outage.
Our chairman mentioned to the telecoms manager that he'd been given the run around by a BT engineer with his home phone. A story similar to the post above.
The Telecoms manager turned to his deputy and said: "switch all of the dialled traffic away from BT".  This took less than 30 seconds.
Within an hour the Telecoms Manager had received a phone call from a very worried BT City of London manager. "what have we done wrong...?"
The Chairman's home phone was fixed before 5pm that day. Five BT vans attended the call.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Lol, love the BT story. Typical though isn't it, the only way to get their attention is to hold them to ransom.
I've had no end of grief with a car insurance company and the bank. The car insurance company stopped at nothing short of stealing a car from us (had to threaten to involve the police if they didn't release it) and the bank... pfff well lets just say they've recently offered me some compensation for the shoddy service they've provided me with.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
matt_2k34
Grafter

You think Pn is bad

Well no, else i wouldnt use them?
And if you think PN is bad, and you do, move.
Shocked

Ontopic...
Thats quite a horrific story, i'd of gone for more than £500 tbh. if the facia actually got hot hot, then that could of caused seriously dangerous  Huh compensation? Smiley
thisoldman
Grafter

Part 2.

Yesterday a so called service guy turned up, in a plain white van.
I asked him for id.
We dont need id mate.  You got the service manual?
What do you want that for I asked.?
Is this a quiz he said.
UNfortunately he was bigger than me and stronger otherwise........
He thumbed through the book, switched on the grill and oven.
I stood well back.
He placed some kind of meter in the grill and after 5 mins  said all is ok.
He then made 4 fone calls to someone.
I repeated what the fire people had told me, what has caused the knobs and facia to blister.
Dunno  pal, ill send you some new knobs  and with that he was off.
So.... the name of the stupid cooker company has already been mentioned in a post here dealing with freezer fires.
I would not be in the slightest bit surprized if this  piece of rubbish caught fire.
thisoldman
Grafter

now, bearing in mind the number of people who have been brushed off by the freezer division before they finally acepted a fault and a national recall, what would you guys do about my cooker      ........same stupid company.?
Community Veteran

I just wonder why so many people called at the wrong address Undecided Undecided 
thisoldman
Grafter

Wink
hello artmo          answer    be ko se  they r silly  beggars  (typo)
i bet threre will some day be a cooker recall nationally. sadly i may have burned to death by then
gswindale
Grafter

I note you have contacted the "service division" of the manufacturer.
Have you not contacted the vendor where you bought said dangerous cooker from?  I would believe that you would be entitled to a full refund from them as it is only 5 months old and therefore well within any "reasonable time frame" periods for it to be considered upto the vendor to prove that the product was not faulty at the time of purchase.