cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You remember the potential problem with 4G and Freeview

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

You remember the potential problem with 4G and Freeview

Well it has struck in Bournemouth  http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11376125.4G__great_for_phones_but_it_may_be_ruining_your_Freev...
NEW 4G services in Bournemouth and Poole have disrupted Freeview TV for hundreds of householders.
Almost 600 people have complained that their TV signal has been ruined by the new 4G phone masts.
Link fixed
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: You remember the potential problem with 4G and Freeview

If my signal goes so does my TV licence.
I really don't think I would bother fixing it.
Radio and internet for news. DVD's for entertainment. I don't think I would miss it as much as they would miss my licence fee.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Haven't they been given filters?
Fixes: 47

Only if the relevant authority decided that they needed one.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

This 4G and Freeview thing is a bit rich. The Establishment in conjunction with the mobile phone companies decide they can take a working analogue TV system and re-purpose it for mobile phone users. They then load the effort of fixing the ensuing problems on to the licence paying TV viewers who have to buy new boxes and now fiddle around with signal filters.  They should have first made sure the alternative arrangements were working properly before switching to the new system. TV owners should have been properly compensated by perhaps a voucher system to cover the cost of upgrade.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
TORPC
Grafter

They have run out of interference free ideas =====> practical usage, to make money for the stock / shareholders, therefore they will make other suffer in their course of making money

Ruthless springs to mind #Just saying
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

I would imagine now that it's in the press/media that they will be supplied with Filters, otherwise contact Digital UK and have a moan.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

From the link
Ben Roome, CEO of at800 said: "New 4G mobile masts are bringing mobile broadband to Bournemouth and Poole, but they do have the potential to disrupt TV reception for some households.
“We're already helping viewers in the area and continue to offer support. We want to ensure that people know it's our role to fix any disruption to Freeview due to 4G at 800 MHz and that there's no charge for our support."
To date, at800 has dealt with 588 calls from Poole and Bournemouth viewers and is already arranging for its installers to visit households.