cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You really couldn't make it up

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

You really couldn't make it up

So Nigellas pals have been found not guilty of credit card fraud. Now (courtesy of everyones favourite news site the DM) you get the whole picture in 4 stories that have been helpfully put next to each other:

One sister now admitting to being a shopaholic after just being found not guilty?  Cheesy
EDIT: Image changed..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
11 REPLIES
myredhotcar
Grafter

Re: You really couldn't make it up

I am not a lwayer so I may be wrong but I would guess you are breaking copyright law there. I have manipulated the image to a degree where you could probably use it without risk of straying into grey areas.
Here you go:
myredhotcar
Grafter

Wink
Community Veteran

We've been posting screenshots on this forum for years. You come along and are the first to mumble about copyright and now you leave me a wink?
myredhotcar
Grafter

Wink
Community Veteran

Roll eyes
Note to all, the forum police have arrived, don't post ANYTHING that someone somewhere might have an interest in!
myredhotcar
Grafter

Cry
Fixes: 47

Now look what you've gone and done, you've made him cry.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
myredhotcar
Grafter

I am deeply hurt and I am cancelling Christmas.
On a serious note 7up it was meant to have came across as a bit deadpan.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

For the past six months I've been reading a 1200 page book on the law concerning intellectual property and copyright. It is slow going! I was surprised to find the copyright law on photo's is not that rigid and really relates to the artistic content of the work rather than just a mere snapshot which has little protection in law. I'll go back a re-read the book just in case I got that all wrong.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Thing is the internet is the internet. People can screenshot anything and post it anywhere. Thats been going on for years.
Is a UK newspaper really going to go after one private individual for posting a screenshot on their ISP forum? I very much doubt it. If I was a commercial business using their material then they almost certainly would but no newspaper wants to eliminate it's user base by taking legal action against the little people - especially when they're credited for it.
myredhotcar
Grafter

@AlaricAdair: touché, you beat me there in terms of dry humour. I assumed if you used an image taken by someone else without express permission you fall foul of copyright and you would be forced to sell your children to pay the legal fees before being drowned by Getty Images in a cauldron of hot molasses.
@7up: so has P2P!
As said it was a jokey thing, I think some aspects of copyright are absurd. I am not sure about legality as I haven't trained in law. If you've been doing it for ages without mods getting involved crack on, don't mind me.