Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're are a bunch of Plebs - I didn't say that

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

You're are a bunch of Plebs - I didn't say that

Yes you did - and the judge agrees  Roll eyes Roll eyes
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11259821/Plebgate-Pc-feels-sorry-for-Andrew-Mit...
Although in a somewhat backhanded way
A High Court judge decided that former chief whip Mr Mitchell did call Pc Toby Rowland a "pleb" because the officer did not have the "wit, imagination or inclination" to invent it.
22 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Your are a bunch of Plebs - I didn't say that

Based on estimated legal costs a very expensive word.
Should have just pushed his bike through gate without comment.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The winners are the lawyers.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

I never understood the fuss.
It's not like there's a shortage of police who treat the public in exactly the same way.
Fixes: 47

Knowing what I was like as a young member of the public, I can understand police reactions. Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: You're are a bunch of Plebs - I didn't say that

Quote from: Oldjim
« Last Edit: Today at 11:13 by Oldjim »

Another required OJ  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

So.... a High Court Judge.... is passing sentence on a guy for "losing his rag" at a Policeman.... who ... because of the publicity... lost his job...
this same High Court Judge is saying,.... he considers that Mr Mitchell DID call the policemen PLEBS... a common place slightly derogatory term, usually dismissed as stupid by the recipient... and has the gall to say.....

A High Court judge decided that former chief whip Mr Mitchell did call Pc Toby Rowland a "pleb" because...............
the officer did not have the "wit, imagination or inclination" to invent it.

However, because he ( the PC)  is now, probably, unemployed, and because he is a judge, and said it in court, he ( the PC ) will not have the recourse to claim damages from the judge..... will he ?
Which, to me, is more insulting to the PC, than the original "insult" that caused the case in the first place....

Community Veteran

He is still a serving police officer and wasn't the subject of a disciplinary hearing
Community Veteran

Hmm.... not exactly clear in the report....

He said no-one should have lost their job over what happened at the gates of Downing Street and accused the Police Federation of "jumping on the bandwagon" and using the incident as a "hook to hang their grievances on".

and further down....

"I said in my evidence in chief last week that it was a nonsense incident that shouldn't have cost Mr Mitchell his job, certainly shouldn't have cost the officers who were whistleblowers or - whatever your opinion of them is, whether they were leakers or whistleblowers - it shouldn't have cost them their jobs.

Community Veteran

The police officers who lost their jobs did so because they fabricated evidence and colluded to attack the Chief Whip
Community Veteran

Ah... Ok.. Thanks, Jim...  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

So this now calls into doubt the channel 4 reporter who investigated it all and worked out that the timings and CCTV meant it couldn't have happened.
His journalism is somewhat screwed then  Cheesy
As for mitchell.. good. Glad to see another tory millionaire gone. They've done nothing to help me other than make life harder while making themselves richer. Quite frankly I think there are far too many arrogant self centered egotistical plebs in politics and when they don't get their way they behave like children.
This is the united kingdom.. we're supposed to be setting a good example to the rest of the world but instead we have these disgusting people in power.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Mitchell appeared to have previous form in verbally attacking police officers and it was in more colourful terms than simply 'plebs'. I believe that the officer in question has since retired from the force.
Community Veteran

reference as I can't find one
Richardson was the one who was reported as retired
Community Veteran

According to this article Richardson was the officer who counter-sued in the case.
Plebgate